Best BlogResource for XenForo

+DS_DV+

Hi,
i have set up a fresh Forum (XF1.4, Featured THreads as Portal, and a Style)

i like how CTA Featured THreads and Portal works and would leik same as Blog.

So Features i want are:

- Forums i can specify as "blogs"
- specified threads in that forum should be in the Block Tab of the Navbar

nice to have:

- multiple Blogs / Forums and Navbar Tabs
- no need of the resources AddOn from XenForo

with best +DS_DV+

I've have Better Blogs by @Rigel Kentaurus but it had issues with it so I haven't really played with it in a while and the files just sit on my laptop. It's possible recent updates may have fixed any issues I've had but I can't be sure until I try it again. It can't hurt to check it out and browse through the discussion.

What where your issues ?

Does better blogs use Forum Threads ? (that the comments are posts ?)

Better Blogs is receiving some updates, but not like it used to be. AFAIK it is the only/best blog addon there is.

What where your issues ?

Does better blogs use Forum Threads ? (that the comments are posts ?)

No it's its own service and works very nicely in theory.

My issues were a lot. The customization wouldn't work properly, it caused a lot of issues to the style if you used anything other than default XF. Even when I changed the style I'd just have another headache to deal with when trying to fix this add-on.

And while he always did respond to any of my bugs, I felt my input wasn't really being taken seriously. For example, I brought up an issue with the B icon being next to the avatar and pushing things to the right -As you can see here (Note the date). It kept breaking my postbit display no matter what I did. His response was basically remove it or fix it yourself. The latest update to Better Blogs was this past Monday (Oct 27 2014) and he finally changed the icon display to almost exactly where I said it should have been... over 2 years ago.

In truth it's just a lot of little things that add up. I had this Add-on since 2012 and always had issues when I used it. I tried to use it again in 2013 but issues I had from 2012 were still present. Hopefully now that's it's almost 2015, they're all gone but I haven't used it since.

In his defense, the add-on is plentiful. There are so many features and so much thought put into this that is still outweighs any other blog add-on you can find. His work on this was amazing and everything that did work, worked supremely well. I'd still recommend it especially if you know some coding yourself and can fix anything that may be off.

Ok that are 2 things wich kicks that addon out for me :(

I cant fix styles (im stupid)
and its using its own resources ...

so ill try a version where you need resourcemanager or the one i linkted :/

thanks for the help!

Are there some good Article addons ?

Ok that are 2 things wich kicks that addon out for me :(

I cant fix styles (im stupid)
and its using its own resources ...

so ill try a version where you need resourcemanager or the one i linkted :/

thanks for the help!

Are there some good Article addons ?
Before I completely ruin a sale for this guy, be sure you don't want it. As I said my issues may be fixed by now. Contact him and perhaps request a free trial or something on his website so you can use it and see for yourself. I do intend to revisit the add-on, but I have other priorities right now. And it doesn't use it's own resources, it's just it's own build... hmm... how do I explain this better. It's an attachment to the forum software like 90% of any other Add-on you will get. It creates a nav menu item named Blogs and uses the same system as XenForo. It just isn't a forum.

Yeah i think i get it :)
and you dont ruined the sell .. i have some addons on my watchlis but his is the last one i would take (simply cause i dont like the look)
But you never know maybe i dont find a better solution :/

Top Bottom