Lack of interest Bespin

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Robbo

When I am editing templates I have to copy the template into my editor, edit it and then copy it back into the web page I took it from, of which there are usually many. This is very unproductive for me. I have tried out admindav however unsuccessfully for now and I don't have time to get it working. Also there will be multiple users modifying our frontend and I don't want to make them download a program to edit templates efficiently every time.

So I request that you modify you template editor so that bespin bookmarklet works. https://bespin.mozillalabs.com/bookmarklet/

This will make it a lot easier to edit templates as when in editor it will be just one click (or you could just make it automated) to make it so you have a full syntax editor in admin for each tab.

I have no idea why it doesn't work with your stuff, tried removing certain XF things attached to the textarea and using it but nothing worked.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Because my only option at the moment is cyberduck which is still in beta for windows and isn't working for me. I don't really have time to mess with it until after I get a lot of work done.

Also, say if you just needed to do a small edit and weren't at a computer setup with webdav, this would make it much easier to do the edit and keep tabs nice (my main problem) and spot errors (syntax highlighting).

I might actually try find out why it isn't working myself soon. It is probably something as simple as XenForo stopping certain events from happening so you never get to activate the editor.

From what I can see Bespin only works with Firefox, Chrome or Safari.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to introduce functionality which won't work for a lot of users based on the web browser they use.

It would only be optional though. I don't mean package bespin with XenForo. I mean make it possible to use the bookmarklet. Anyone who knows to use it will know which browser they can use it on (most likely firefox for developing).

Top Bottom