Being able to view images in AddOn-Releases

Tanax

Hi!

It's a shame that as an unlicensed member you cannot view images in AddOn-Releases. For me, I love XenForo, you're making huge progress with 1.1 and it's really fun to see some much needed features being added, however it still lacks in features and products(such as Blogs, CMS, Downloads, Store, etc) compared to it's competitors. These products and features exists as addons. The problem is that I cannot view the screenshots of these addons, thus cannot see if those addons are good enough for my needs.

Is this something that could be fixed?
I realize that it's difficult since you probably have a permission like "can view attachments" and if you set that to yes, I'll be able to download the actual addons as unlicensed and that's wrong. Perhaps expand the permission-set to include types of attachments? "Can view attachment .png", etc. That way you can enable unlicensed to view all types of images but still disable them from downloading .zip/.rar/.php/etc files.

Currently it's a simple binary permission.

It isn't possible to distinguish between attachment types.

Currently it's a simple binary permission.

It isn't possible to distinguish between attachment types.

Yes, I'm aware of that(read the last section of my post).
My suggestion is that it can be fixed by allowing admins to set what types of attachments a membergroup has access to view.

I really hope they decide to change the way they handle attachments then!
It would benefit potential customers greatly.

Top Bottom