Been gone a while ...

Davyc

Well I've been gone a while and not done anything site-wise for well over a year. I've been toying with the idea for a new site and after doing some research everyone seems to think it will be well received.

I had to start thinking about what software to use - do I wait for IPB 4.0.0 or come back into the arms of Xenforo. After much debate Xenforo has come out on top, so I'll be renewing my licence soon when I'm ready to start building the site.

It's been really interesting watching the progress of Xenforo and it has progressed greatly since I first used it. One of the aspects of the community that I really like is that most people are extremely helpful and the management are not condescending when someone asks, what appears to be, a trivial question.

So I look forward to a good time enjoying the software and the company of good people.

(y)

Well I've been gone a while and not done anything site-wise for well over a year. I've been toying with the idea for a new site and after doing some research everyone seems to think it will be well received.

I had to start thinking about what software to use - do I wait for IPB 4.0.0 or come back into the arms of Xenforo. After much debate Xenforo has come out on top, so I'll be renewing my licence soon when I'm ready to start building the site.

It's been really interesting watching the progress of Xenforo and it has progressed greatly since I first used it. One of the aspects of the community that I really like is that most people are extremely helpful and the management are not condescending when someone asks, what appears to be, a trivial question.

So I look forward to a good time enjoying the software and the company of good people.

(y)
Davyc,

The helpful and pleasant attitude of the people on this forum helped me in making a decision in January to switch to XF from VB. Obviously, the XF software had a huge impact as well. I was also impressed by staff on this forum at all hours and assisting users.

Welcome back home. (y)

Thank you Azhria Lilu and Wedgar - there are huge differences between XF and other forum softwares - all of which perform in their own unique way, but the major difference for me is the management team and the contributors to the home base forum as a whole. I've never seen such collaboration and help given anywhere that is given here. Sometimes people ask for the impossible, yet on here it seems even that is not dismissed out of hand and everything is taken on board and scrutinised and if it can be done it's done! I don't believe that anyone can ask for more than that.

The contributors to the Resources are also of a different breed - many of the resources are given freely and the paid ones are reasonably priced. My new site is a little way off yet as I have to design the front end (I'm a website developer BTW) and ancillary pages before adding the forum, but I can see XF being at the very heart of the site and will be well used.

So I'm looking forward to a bright future with XF and it's community.(y)

Top Bottom