Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Yes, the groups properly appear as correct - I click on the "Moderators" group and it seems fine but does not properly alert.
The same user can tag other users just fine? It's strange then...
One way to check is go to the user group edit page (in AdminCP) and see the number of members next to the "is taggable" check box.

The same user can tag other users just fine? It's strange then...
One way to check is go to the user group edit page (in AdminCP) and see the number of members next to the "is taggable" check box.
I'm testing this. I can tag "users" just fine. When I (the super admin) attempt to tag groups, no one gets alerted properly and I see no errors either.

This was working just fine in 1.1.2/etc. Just hoping to clarify. Not sure whats going wrong here.

upload_2013-9-5_14-38-47.webp

Attachments

• upload_2013-9-5_14-38-41.webp
    upload_2013-9-5_14-38-41.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm testing this. I can tag "users" just fine. When I (the super admin) attempt to tag groups, no one gets alerted properly and I see no errors either.

This was working just fine in 1.1.2/etc. Just hoping to clarify. Not sure whats going wrong here.

View attachment 56030
The screenshot looks good, it recognized 6 members of the group. Just to confirm, which version of XenForo are you running?

He suddenly mentioned 1.1.2 so I was a bit worried :p

1.2 should work. I'll need your site information to come and check. Please start a conversation with me.
Pm'd - thanks for looking into this. I don't mind dropping tables and or showing you stuff if you have time.

we see exactly the same issue here with 1.2.1, groups are detected and selectable but no alert is send. User-tags are fine. If theres any special info needed let me know please.

we see exactly the same issue here with 1.2.1, groups are detected and selectable but no alert is send. User-tags are fine. If theres any special info needed let me know please.
I've provided info to the dev, so waiting for him to test on my forums... I really dont know why its happening to us.

I'm having a problem where users are receiving multiple alerts for a single tag in profile posts. For example, when someone tags a member on a profile message, and that message is replied to, not only will the tagged member receive an alert for the reply, but also receive an alert that he was tagged, even though he had already received an alert for that initially. As long as the conversation goes on, with every reply alert, there will also be an alert that he was tagged. Do you know what could be wrong?

isnt this already a built-in feature in XenForo 1.2?
Out of interest how is a new user supposed to know this functionality exists?
if I do a search for tag in the Manual the only returns are for entires in the HTML Templates section and nothing about this functionality.

if I do a search for tag in the Manual the only returns are for entires in the HTML Templates section and nothing about this functionality.
Are you asking about XenForo built in tagging or this add-on's?

It caused a bit of confusion on CycleChat. Before it was part of the core (and before I used xfrocks mod) - Tapatalk introduced it to their app, so some members could tag and others couldn't. I don't get the Tapatalk updates so spent ages trying to figure out how they were able to do it ... :LOL:

Make sure you have the "user tag limit" set... cause mine wasnt set (even though I recall setting it)

Top Bottom