Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
My thinking for setting the maximum length to 25 was that you'd want to type out almost the complete username so that it would pop up with the correct user. It already seems to do this, though I guess that doesn't help what happens after you click Post. Thanks for looking into it.
New version is available. After upgrading, you should go to change the option to something larger than 0 but not too large. I recommend 3 or 5. Please note that setting it this way will prevent the add-on from working properly sometime...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 7.40.58 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 7.40.58 PM.webp
    8 KB · Views: 20
I'm trying to edit the first post in the thread:

After clicking on the "Save":
Code:
mb_strripos() [function.mb-strripos]: Offset not contained in string.

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    mb_strripos() in bdTagMe/Engine.php at line 666
    bdTagMe_Engine::utf8_strripos() in bdTagMe/Engine.php at line 342
    bdTagMe_Engine->_isBetweenUrlTags() in bdTagMe/Engine.php at line 264
    bdTagMe_Engine->_searchTextForPortions() in bdTagMe/Engine.php at line 154
    bdTagMe_Engine->searchTextForTagged() in bdTagMe/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 19
    bdTagMe_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->set() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 117
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Post->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /***/forum/index.php at line 13

I'm trying to edit the first post in the thread:
Are you running an old version of PHP? You may have encountered this problem:

Looks like you are encountering this bug https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=39400
The solution is here (please note that the line number may be incorrect):
That version is quite old, you should contact your server admin to upgrade to at least 5.3. Anyway, as a workaround until your server is upgraded, you can do a manual edit

File xenforo/library/bdTagMe/Engine.php
Line 297
PHP:
$posOpen = self::utf8_strripos($message, '[URL', $position - utf8_strlen($message));

Change it to
PHP:
$posOpen = self::utf8_strripos(utf8_substr($message, 0, $position), '[URL', 0);

Also, on the same file
Line 323
PHP:
$posOpen = self::utf8_strripos($message, '[PLAIN', $position - utf8_strlen($message));

Change it to
PHP:
$posOpen = self::utf8_strripos(utf8_substr($message, 0, $position), '[PLAIN', 0);

"admin can selectively choose which groups are available for tagging"
Where can I do this?
Also is it possible to only allow certain groups to tag groups? - I dont want users tagging everyone in the forum; only would like our staff to have the ability to tag groups.

"admin can selectively choose which groups are available for tagging"
Where can I do this?

You can edit the user group (in AdminCP), there is one new option to make the group available for tagging.

Also is it possible to only allow certain groups to tag groups? - I dont want users tagging everyone in the forum; only would like our staff to have the ability to tag groups.
You can limit the number of tags in messages. That limit is user group based so you can do it this way: set a low number of registered users (like maximum of 5 tags) then set a high number of administrative users. That way, only admin will be able to perform group tagging.

You can edit the user group (in AdminCP), there is one new option to make the group available for tagging.

You can limit the number of tags in messages. That limit is user group based so you can do it this way: set a low number of registered users (like maximum of 5 tags) then set a high number of administrative users. That way, only admin will be able to perform group tagging.
Thanks.
One other question; would tagging a group with say 10,000 members cause any sort of lag/lock-up on the site/mysql? (Any sort of stress what so ever)

Thanks.
One other question; would tagging a group with say 10,000 members cause any sort of lag/lock-up on the site/mysql? (Any sort of stress what so ever)
That may happen depending on how strong your server is. The alerts are sent out in batches of 1000 a piece so it should work.

Is there a way to combine xenforo.js and your addon javascript files ? So it will make one less http request and affect (a little) load time.

xf,

I upgraded to the newest version and now tags are not functioning if they are wrapped in any type of BB Code, which is a change. Is that intentional?
It should work like before. How did you tag in your post?

Edit: I have just done a quick test with [B] and it works okie.

Hey guys,

On my site the suggestion box does not show up. Everything else is working fine. Any ideas?

Top Bottom