Resource icon

[bd] Paygate: BITPAY.COM 1.1.0

No permission to download
After upgrading XenForo to 1.5.6 I get the following error every time:

Sorry, we could not prepare your Invoice. There may be some issues with the system, please try again in a few minutes. If you have encountered this error before, please contact our staff for further investigation.

I double-checked the API token.

Sorry, we could not prepare your Invoice. There may be some issues with the system, please try again in a few minutes. If you have encountered this error before, please contact our staff for further investigation.

Sorry for the inconvenience. There seem to be an incompatible issue between BitPay and the add-on. We are investigating this.

Seems like the error still remains with 1.5.8. :-(

I just installed this add-on and entered the API key id but there is no change on my website. When a user clicks on "Account Upgrades">"Purchase, it still lands on the paypal payment checkout. Is there something else I have to configure?

I am forced to use this as Stripe doesn't allow for Bitcoin in Australia, any one know if this is working on XF 1.5.10?

Thanks for the update @xfrocks it works perfectly.

Only problem is that bitpay has stopped allowing forums to process transactions. After registering they limited me to receiving $0/daily, which resulted in an error something to the effect of "transactions cannot be processed at this time, please contact an administrator if this continues" whenever a member attempted to donate using BTC.

I emailed Bitpay who responded with:
Thank you for your interest in BitPay merchant services. BitPay is fully supportive of non-profits, but in ordinance with FinCEN's ruling in the US on what is considered "money transmission", BitPay is only licensed to process donations for registered non-profits/charities. BitPay is not licensed to facilitate the transmission of money from one individual to another (which includes crowd-funding platforms and campaigns).

This is obviously no fault of @xfrocks but it appears this is no longer of much use to the majority of XF forums. :(

Only problem is that bitpay has stopped allowing forums to process transactions. After registering they limited me to receiving $0/daily, which resulted in an error something to the effect of "transactions cannot be processed at this time, please contact an administrator if this continues" whenever a member attempted to donate using BTC.

I emailed Bitpay who responded with:

This is obviously no fault of @xfrocks but it appears this is no longer of much use to the majority of XF forums. :(
This is the first time I hear this and it is indeed sad to know.

Can Bitpay support subscriptions now?
Or does this addon still disable recurring subscriptions for other payment methods?
Cant we just disable this payment methods for subscriptions, so that other payment methods stay intact?

Can Bitpay support subscriptions now?
Or does this addon still disable recurring subscriptions for other payment methods?
Cant we just disable this payment methods for subscriptions, so that other payment methods stay intact?
I don't think BitPay will ever support subscriptions. Bitcoin is like cash and it just doesn't make sense that way IMO.
And this paygate does not affect other payment methods, it will show up for user upgrades that accepts one time payment. It disappears by itself otherwise.

The Bitcoin network has been seeing record transaction volume in the last few weeks. This growth has also led to record network congestion and record-high bitcoin miner fees.

Miner fees are now more than $30 per transaction on average. To protect purchasers and to continue to offer service for Bitcoin payments, we are now requiring a new invoice minimum payment amount of $100 on all BitPay invoices.

Top Bottom