[bd] Link Expander [Deleted]

Most of time when i post a link i can see the new fetched data, but if i refresh the page the code is gone away.
May someone has an idea what could be the problem, please?

Most of time when i post a link i can see the new fetched data, but if i refresh the page the code is gone away.
May someone has an idea what could be the problem, please?
I have replied to your message on xfrocks.com, let's try to troubleshoot the issue from there.

Do you have a public link with the change? I will come and see what is blocking the changes.

Look here. Also are adding support popup / hover? Its will be great for multiple links ... (y)

OgjVjJMEQSqc3jwTriHAWw.png

Please add support link preview in center for If link in center. When some one link posted "Center" BBCode but link preview are in center. Look like now its bug showing. Like in center but preview left aligned.

5LjWLK8gRUGacS7eNTgWBQ.png

Last edited:
Look here. Also are adding support popup / hover? Its will be great for multiple links ... (y)
That feature probably won't be available until XenForo 2. Regarding centered link, the preview could be "display: inline-block" via EXTRA.css but that may break other things...

It seems that xfrocks.com is not reachable at the moment.
I have still this error:

1. Post a new link with quick post and see the expanded link immediataly.
2. Refresh the page and the expanded link is away, only the url is visible.

In an old thread i can see some expanded links in different posts; after posting a new link with the same behaviour than above ALL expanded links in earlier posts are gone also.

When i delete this new post all old posts have again there expanded links.

I have watched xf_thread for and after this action; but there are no additional fields for the add-on.

Then i see all the links in a list; green, yellow, red; but i can delete the red ones only one by one; there is a checkbox missing to delete them all or better an option to delete them automatically and maybe change the URL in the posts to something like [nourl]...[/nourl] with adding a new bbcode to show this URLs with a link.

I have deleted all links in the table, but i still have the same problem. Now i deinstall add-ons i dont need anymore and deactive all others to find the problem.

I have deleted all links in the table, but i still have the same problem. Now i deinstall add-ons i dont need anymore and deactive all others to find the problem.
xfrocks.com is back. Also, for this kind of issue I may need to come to your site with debug mode turned on to actually see what is happening behind the scene. Can you share your info via convo (here or over at xfrocks.com). Thank you and sorry for your problem.

I've purchsed this addon and it works perfectly . However, I have one question. At the moment you show
  1. The posted link url converted to a html link
  2. The preview, which is also linke.
What I would like to do is to put the link (1) below the preview (2) or even hide the link. How can I do this @xfrocks ?

@xfrocks when will be release XF2 version?
A new version for XenForo 2.0 is under development, we currently don't have estimate. Sorry.

I've purchsed this addon and it works perfectly . However, I have one question. At the moment you show
  1. The posted link url converted to a html link
  2. The preview, which is also linke.
What I would like to do is to put the link (1) below the preview (2) or even hide the link. How can I do this @xfrocks ?
I'm afraid that is not possible. The original link is kept in place (e.g. in the middle of some sentence) to avoid breaking user message. The preview is then rendered after the paragraph is finished.

I have some problems with the addon options

At "URL BB Code Restriction -> Select which positions to have URL bb code links expanded" I am not sure what positions I can enter. Is this the hook name? Can you help @xfrocks ?

I have some problems with the addon options

At "URL BB Code Restriction -> Select which positions to have URL bb code links expanded" I am not sure what positions I can enter. Is this the hook name? Can you help @xfrocks ?
That option is fairly advanced and complicated. It has post position pre-configured, for other positions, you can enter the template name. But that depends on the positions too. So just try the template name, if it doesn't show up, I will check and tell you how to configure it later. Of course, you can always let it render everywhere.

I am just planning to upgrade to XF2.0. Any idea when link expander will be available for XF2.0?

XenForo 2 has this feature built-in, so this add-on won't be upgraded for XF2. See below for demo:

I found out now that the private discussions are ok, but not the posts.
So i will look for tms as next.

— edit —

It is a firefox problem. At the ipad ev. is ok.

Last edited:
This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom