• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Home

xfrocks

Now you can select any page to replace your index page. The oldie index page will be "moved" to /forums/

INSTALLATION
  1. Upload the library directory into your XenForo's
  2. Import the addon
  3. Create a pages and configure it in Home > Options > Basic Board Information. It's at the bottom of the page
Not really useful but... it's here :D

Attachments

In the settings:
screenshot-02-png.3846

Where this shot selected My First Page.
Is My First Page, just any page, created in /Pages/ ?
ie. like this example page - http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/ ?

Maybe people can post the .html code and a picture of their "New HomePage" to help others ?

Im a little confused, with this mod? With this mod you can then create a page to replace the Home Tab instead of it redirecting to the forums?

Im a little confused, with this mod? With this mod you can then create a page to replace the Home Tab instead of it redirecting to the forums?
You can remove the home tab altogether, so you have a homepage with forum behind it, if your not requiring a homepage / cms area to your site.

Ok so I am confused! Im not criticizing your work just curious as the why when you already have the forum occupying the Forums Tab? :)
At first, this addon is a studying approach. And secondly, I see some people doesn't like the forum list to act as their "index". This thing has potential but to make it actually useful, it needs an awesome idea :D

OK so the home tab is for the future CMS?
It could be... it can be for anything you want to use it for, or not... Some may use Joomla or WordPress as their home CMS / Blog, with the forum attached, until XF develop a CMS product. I would guess from the popularity of requests about the requirement of a cms, blog, gallery, etc etc nowadays, they will be building these products and selling them as additional products, similar to what IPB do.

Hi, the issue with latest version of XenForo is acknowledged and I'm looking into it. It didn't work for me either :D Cheers

Top Bottom