[bd] Cache [Deleted]

It cache the whole page, so new pages/pagination will not be updated.

It doesn't cache the last page in a thread by default, so unless you check that option (see below that I haven't), new posts should show up immediately regardless of your TTL.

bd_cache_2.webp

I've always had Cache Thread Last Page enabled and I never noticed new posts not showing up.

I'm pretty sure I've confirmed the cause of the images strewn across my site. Its the combination of 2 add ons strangely enough, I think, any input would be appreciated or correct me if I'm wrong. The two add on are https://xenforo.com/community/threads/last-post-avatar-by-waindigo.89895/ by @Jon W and the other is https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-cache.2763/ by @xfrocks

To replicate. must be on an iPhone 5 or better. IOS 8 or 9 are the only ones I've tested it with. Go to iPhone settings > Safari > Clear history and website data. then go to the browser and type in your URL and you get the images or incorrect logo. If you refresh page it does disappear until you do the same process as above.

Original post with this issue: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/avatar-images-in-menu-bar-buttons.86893/

image-jpg.120809

I have downloaded the add-on and am thinking to give it a try. How should I monitor my forum before installing to calculate the speed improvement after install? Someone mentioned setting the cache to 3 minutes. Is there a point at which it's not worth having? 1 minute?

I am running the add-on with the everything default except for I have TTL at 180 seconds. So I did some tests on GTmetrix beforehand as well as Pingdom. GTmetrix is giving me some really weird results.

GTmetrix before [bd] cache install:
Page Load Time
6.0s , 8.4 , 5.5
Total Page Size
1.19MB , 1.23MB , 1.01MB
Requests
98 , 98 , 108

GTmetrix after [bd] cache install:
Page Load Time
93.6s , 9.1s , 5.9s
Total Page Size
1.15MB , 1.27MB , 1.27MB
Requests
105 , 104 , 94
On Pingdom my load time looked a second faster with two tests before and two tests after. I have all of the other info from the tests still up if that could help identify other possible issues? The 93.6s load time with GTmetrix is quite troubling.

@xfrocks Is there anyway to prevent the cache options from appearing on moderator bar when Cache Pages is enabled?

Care to explain "bdCache_forceFile" and "bdCache_useSystemTmp" ? Thanks :).
As for the bdCache_forceFile one, from what I can tell on the add-on's thread at xfrocks' site, it will force the add-on to cache the cache files (I assume both cached page and CSS to files) to static files, instead of the back-end caching (if available). It was probably implemented because someone had issues with his/her back-end caching.
As for the other one, no idea, probably so that the add-on stores the cache files on system temp directory? lol

@xfrocks - do I need to pay for this again, it wants me to pay on your site.
I believe you have to pay webmaster badge subscription to be able to download any of his paid add-ons. And those subscriptions aren't lifetime, so yeah, once yours is expired, you'll have to renew before you can download any other add-ons.

Top Bottom