[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Thank you for the update!

It's possible to keep the original filename but sometimes that exposes some security risk. I may add extra option if you need it.

This would be really great! The filenames are important for my Ressource Manager.

About Xen Media Gallery, since XenForo 1.2, there is attachment thumbnail rebuild tool and that overwrites thumbnail of attachments regardless of the content type and that breaks Xen Media Gallery (because that add-on use custom sized thumbnail). Therefore the add-on generates another thumbnail by itself and that file is what you have found.

The thumbnails in Xen Media Galery are working now, but there is one problem: When I try to rebuild the Attachment Data Storage, the thumbnails for older images are broken. I've uploaded these older images before I used your Attachment Store.

It's unclear what this means: "A separation between the storage for attachments and downloads would be really good as well."?

I meant to seperate the locations for files of the Ressource Manager and normal attachments. Another related complement would be the possibility just store files of the Ressource Manager on an other storage.

The thumbnails in Xen Media Galery are working now, but there is one problem: When I try to rebuild the Attachment Data Storage, the thumbnails for older images are broken. I've uploaded these older images before I use your Attachment Store.
You will need to use the thumbnail rebuilder provided by XenMediaGallery

The thumbnails in Xen Media Galery are working now, but there is one problem: When I try to rebuild the Attachment Data Storage, the thumbnails for older images are broken. I've uploaded these older images before I used your Attachment Store.

Like @MattW said, you need to use the rebuilder provided by the other add-on.

I meant to seperate the locations for files of the Ressource Manager and normal attachments. Another related complement would be the possibility just store files of the Ressource Manager on an other storage.

There is no way to know which attachment file is used in which system (either post or resource or media etc.) so your request cannot be done for now.

You will need to use the thumbnail rebuilder provided by XenMediaGallery

This does not help, older thumbnails are still broken. The Image itself is working, but not the related thumbnail. Thumbnails of new images are working, but not the old ones.

There is no way to know which attachment file is used in which system (either post or resource or media etc.) so your request cannot be done for now.

Ok, thanks anyway!

Unfortunately this is not possible because I use XAMPP and running the forum therefore locally. As soon as I am using the forum online, I will start a conversation with you.

I'm looking forward to the possibility to keep the file names. Thanks for the good support!

It's possible to keep the original filename but sometimes that exposes some security risk. I may add extra option if you need it.

Is there any progress with this feature? :) For me, this feature would be very important. The best would be the file name with an unique ID (e.g. "testpicture-4194.png").

That's not an issue, just wanted to double check :)
That's need to be done to not break links to existing files. You can turn on and off the option and only attachments that got uploaded when the option is on will have filename kept. Just FYI ;)

Really great update, thanks! :)

It would be a little better to add the unique id behind the file name. This would be better for sorting. (like filename-471.png)

Two other suggestions:

The possibility to upload files with ftp will disable the XenForo Attachment permission, is there a way to keep them in an upcoming version? Or is this an impossible feature?

Maybe there is an other possibility to seperate them: When adding a resource, there is a button to upload a resource. You could change this button or add an other one with a different functionality to upload file on an other server (configuration in ACP). This file would be added as a link to the field "External download URL" (or a new one).

So for the resource manager the file would be handled as an external download URL.

Last edited:
Two other suggestions:

The possibility to upload files with ftp will disable the XenForo Attachment permission, is there a way to keep them in an upcoming version? Or is this an impossible feature?

Maybe there is an other possibility to seperate them: When adding a resource, there is a button to upload a resource. You could change this button or add an other one with a different functionality to upload file on an other server (configuration in ACP). This file would be added as a link to the field "External download URL" (or a new one).

So for the resource manager the file would be handled as an external download URL.
I can be made to work similar to S3 with CloudFront integration, the attachment link will be kept as /attachments/id and whenever a user requests the file, permission will be checked before redirecting to the real URL to download the file. However, doing that with FTP is not totally secured because once a user has the download URL, he/she can share it to other people and bypass our permission check altogether. (That works for S3+CloudFront because their URL expire after a period of time and prevent user from abusing our bandwidth).

About your second suggestion, maybe it's a better idea to provide members with a "storage" so they can upload files as they want to. In your case: upload the resource, get the direct link and paste it into "external download" field?

Top Bottom