Resource icon

[bd] API Consumer 0.9.7

No permission to download
@xfrocks
Have you checked this with Firefox 29.0.1 ? I think there is a problem with that when you click on "Login with Site" button.
It is displaying HTTP ERROR
Bad Request HTTP 400
Since the syntax is incorrect, the server can not understand this request.

This happen only on Firefox 29.0.1. Google Chrome works fine.
Can you give me your site address? Conversation is good if you don't want to post it here.

Can you give me your site address? Conversation is good if you don't want to post it here.
Thanks, that is sorted now.
The similar error was on my main page too (when I turn off the board and view site as guest) so I contacted my host and they found out that the problem only exist in my laptop :oops: so I'm running a full malware/virus scan.

I haven't worked on XenWord for a while so I'm uncertain of that solution limitation. However, if you use [bd] API and its WordPress plugin, they will work across domain/subdomain.

ok. I will give ot a try which in my case will be that i will ruin everything in the process ;-)

Hi. I am pretty pretty sure i have set all the settings correct to bridge between xenforo and wordpress...still i get errors and there is no synchrnization.

api.webp

I had this installed on a test server where it was working fine, and am now moving everything over to a production server. I imported my files and database, and I'm getting these errors on the options page for this add on now

Template Errors: bdapi_consumer_option_providers
  1. Illegal string offset 'name' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 60:
    59: ';
    60: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][name]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['name'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    61: 'size' => '20',

2. Illegal string offset 'root' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 66:
    65: ';
    66: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][root]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['root'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    67: 'placeholder' => 'http://domain.com/xenforo/api'

3. Illegal string offset 'client_id' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 71:
    70: ';
    71: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][client_id]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['client_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    72: 'placeholder' => 'Client ID'

4. Illegal string offset 'client_secret' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 76:
    75: ';
    76: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][client_secret]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['client_secret'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    77: 'placeholder' => 'Client Secret'
I get the same error on the old test server after uninstalling and reinstalling the add on

Last edited:
I had this installed on a test server where it was working fine, and am now moving everything over to a production server. I imported my files and database, and I'm getting these errors on the options page for this add on now

Template Errors: bdapi_consumer_option_providers
  1. Illegal string offset 'name' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 60:
    59: ';
    60: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][name]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['name'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    61: 'size' => '20',

2. Illegal string offset 'root' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 66:
    65: ';
    66: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][root]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['root'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    67: 'placeholder' => 'http://domain.com/xenforo/api'

3. Illegal string offset 'client_id' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 71:
    70: ';
    71: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][client_id]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['client_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    72: 'placeholder' => 'Client ID'

4. Illegal string offset 'client_secret' in /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 76:
    75: ';
    76: $__compilerVar5 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBox(htmlspecialchars($fieldPrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '[' . htmlspecialchars($preparedOption['option_id'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][' . htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar3, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . '][client_secret]', htmlspecialchars($__compilerVar4['client_secret'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    77: 'placeholder' => 'Client Secret'
I get the same error on the old test server after uninstalling and reinstalling the add on
It's normal if you have debug mode on. You can safely ignore those.

When a user signs up with an external account, is there a way I could point external registrations to /account/security so they know they need to set a password?

When a user signs up with an external account, is there a way I could point external registrations to /account/security so they know they need to set a password?
That would pretty much defeat the purpose of external registration I believe: people don't want to remember yet another password?

That would pretty much defeat the purpose of external registration I believe: people don't want to remember yet another password?

Hmm, that's fair. Is the post sign up page a [bd] API Consumer specific one? I'd like to at least tell users that they'll use the same thing to log in in the future unless they set a password. Just so it's clear to them

Hmm, that's fair. Is the post sign up page a [bd] API Consumer specific one? I'd like to at least tell users that they'll use the same thing to log in in the future unless they set a password. Just so it's clear to them
Unfortunately the current version uses a generic after successful registration. I think your best choice is to edit the association page?

Unfortunately the current version uses a generic after successful registration. I think your best choice is to edit the association page?

I might update the "Incorrect password" phrase

Could a future update add the option to add external users to a user group on sign up? That way they can be easily targeted for notices and any other specifics

I'm getting an occassional error in the log: Provider could not be determined

#0 /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): bdApiConsumer_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionExternal()
#1 /-----/-----/-----/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /-----/-----/-----/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#3 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "http://---------------/register/external"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/register/external"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
Top Bottom