BBCode Parser

BBCode Parser 1.5

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Message Parser - Remove undesired BB Codes from messages.

Description:

The Message Parser add-on is designed to remove undesired BB Codes from messages. By default it will remove the following BB Codes:

CENTER, COLOR, FONT, INDENT and SIZE.

How it works:

When a message is saved, this add-on will remove undesired BB Codes.

How to modify which BB Codes are removed:

Edit the library/Andy/MessageParser/DataWriter.php file between the "start preg_replace" and "end preg_replace".

Installation:
  1. Download...

Read more about this resource...

I would like to remove some options (font color, font size and font style) from posts and the Redactor toolbar. Is this add-on the best way to accomplish this?

@AndyB please change the protection level of Andy_BBCodeParser_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_messagePreSave() to protected, as it should be.

It is causing error's with one of my custom addons.

Liam

Works GREAT! With permissions set, Admins/Mods can insert full-size photos but normal users can't. Without this add-on, dropped-in photos displayed full size even though I had used Andy's Remove Image Insert add-on to disable full-size photos.

I didn't realize that it doesn't work in conversations. Our primary reason for using it is to prevent "normal" users from inserting full-size photos in posts. I HATE scrolling past 10 full-size photos that don't interest me when our 250px thumbnails are big enough to decide whether I want to look at them full size.

Having it work in conversations would be nice, but IMHO not essential. It's MUCH less of a problem in conversations than it is in threads/posts.

Top Bottom