BB codes

EQnoble

I haven't been able to locate a guide on how to add and define a bb code element. Could someone provide some kind of guide?

You need to add an event listener to load_class_bbcode that extends the Base formatter class (I forget the name off hand), then you need to write the actual class. You want to define 1 method at least and it should look along the lines of:
PHP:
	public function getTags()
	{
		$this->_tags = parent::getTags();
		$this->_tags['yourtag'] = array(
				'option'
					=> 'value'
			);
		return $this->_tags;
	}

For a list of tags / options, I suggest you look at the Formatter class you'll be editing, as that's where it I found most of it. :) If you'd like a work example, check out BBCode Manager. Its a drawn out process...

Yeah thanks for that, I did check that out already but I am not pro, I can't cipher out of that what I need to do for mine to work, when I went to bed I had an idea of how to do it, when I woke up and looked at your thread and the download you posted which I had downloaded yesterday, well it is different than I saw it in my head (remember I'm not a coder, just a tryhard). I thank you for this but it does not help me personally.

I was under the impression that the way to add a bbcode into xf would be to add a code listener, it's own template and it's own phrase. I dunno.

Anybody (maybe Mike or Kier :) ) want to make a video (or a well documented step by step)of how to make a single bbcode entry. I have lots of custom bbcodes and would love to share them, but I need to do something myself and making my own bb codes to post here would give me great satisfaction and may just be the only thing I can contribute for now until I get a wee bit smarter.

Yeah thanks for that, I did check that out already but I am not pro, I can't cipher out of that what I need to do for mine to work, when I went to bed I had an idea of how to do it, when I woke up and looked at your thread and the download you posted which I had downloaded yesterday, well it is different than I saw it in my head (remember I'm not a coder, just a tryhard). I thank you for this but it does not help me personally.

I was under the impression that the way to add a bbcode into xf would be to add a code listener, it's own template and it's own phrase. I dunno.

Anybody (maybe Mike or Kier :) ) want to make a video (or a well documented step by step)of how to make a single bbcode entry. I have lots of custom bbcodes and would love to share them, but I need to do something myself and making my own bb codes to post here would give me great satisfaction and may just be the only thing I can contribute for now until I get a wee bit smarter.

I can maybe do that video. I'm hate the sound of my recorded voice. Would you be able to follow a comprehensive guide? If you'd like me to throw them into mine, feel free to post the replace and I will throw them in, but I will work on that guide for you.

Well this is what I am trying to turn into a bb code for my spoiler.... http://noobanomics.me/
it is standalone but you can view source and get it from there

If the guide is comprehensive I would be able to follow it as long as the terms used to describe the actions are something I can search and find more information on as I have no formal abilities. We can sure try it.

Well this is what I am trying to turn into a bb code for my spoiler.... http://noobanomics.me/
it is standalone but you can view source and get it from there

If the guide is comprehensive I would be able to follow it as long as the terms used to describe the actions are something I can search and find more information on as I have no formal abilities. We can sure try it.
I'll try to avoid all the mumbo jumbo I can spit out half the time (85% of the time the geekiest of people will be like "what?")

I'll try to avoid all the mumbo jumbo I can spit out half the time (85% of the time the geekiest of people will be like "what?")
Hey any guide is better than no guide for someone like me... while your spitting out mumbo jumbo, I'm breaking things so I mean whatever you post is going to be better than I am going to figure out on my own. Thanks ahead for this. :-)

Top Bottom