• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
BB Code Parser

BB Code Parser 1.5

No permission to download
Remove undesired BB Code tags from messages.

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Message Parser - Remove undesired BB Codes from messages.

Description:

The Message Parser add-on is designed to remove undesired BB Codes from messages. By default it will remove the following BB Codes:

CENTER, COLOR, FONT, INDENT and SIZE.

How it works:

When a message is saved, this add-on will remove undesired BB Codes.

How to modify which BB Codes are removed:

Edit the library/Andy/MessageParser/DataWriter.php file between the "start preg_replace" and "end preg_replace".

Installation:
  1. Download...
Read more about this resource...

Phillip

I would like to remove some options (font color, font size and font style) from posts and the Redactor toolbar. Is this add-on the best way to accomplish this?

Liam W

@AndyB please change the protection level of Andy_BBCodeParser_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_messagePreSave() to protected, as it should be.

It is causing error's with one of my custom addons.

Liam

I didn't realize that it doesn't work in conversations. Our primary reason for using it is to prevent "normal" users from inserting full-size photos in posts. I HATE scrolling past 10 full-size photos that don't interest me when our 250px thumbnails are big enough to decide whether I want to look at them full size.

Having it work in conversations would be nice, but IMHO not essential. It's MUCH less of a problem in conversations than it is in threads/posts.