Fixed BB code HEADING

Affected version

smozgur

Apparently BB code HEADING is causing problems. Its integer parameter looks to be required.
So, you can't type [heading] in a message. It is causing a server error.
TypeError: Macro public: post_macros :: post_user_content() error: Argument 1 passed to XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html::getHeadingTagMap() must be of the type int, null given, called in /var/www/vhosts/domain/public/board/src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php on line 834 src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php:846
To reproduce the error: Enter [heading] (without PLAIN BB code as I did to be able to write it) and try to preview.
If it is an existing post, then it generates server error and return empty post.

Edit: I just locked myself in this thread by trying to reproduce the same behavior in the reply post. I entered heading tag without parameter, and previewed the post. Since my post is auto-saved, I don't even have a reply option now! So I am editing here. It is really bad.

Possible solution (as I will extend the controller temporarily to avoid its harm) in the following file:
src/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php
PHP:
protected function getHeadingTagMap(int $type): string
{
   switch ($type)
   {
      case 1: return 'h2';
      case 2: return 'h3';
      case 3: return 'h4';
      default: return 'div';
   }
}

Remove int variable type from $type parameter.
PHP:
protected function getHeadingTagMap($type): string
{
// ...
}

Or make the call by checking the parameter and assign something as default if it is null to return div wrapper.

Last edited:

XF Bug Bot

XenForo bug fixer bot
Staff member
Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.2).

Change log:
Handle heading BB codes without a type option
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.