Duplicate Batch Smiley Uploading (Mass Upload)

Shelley

Seems like suggestions are going missing so creating a "new" one as there is not a standing suggestion in place for Mass uploading of smilies. So don't forget to Like the suggestion if you want easier mass uploading of smilies in xenforo.

I'll just copy & paste my suggestion that got tagged "dupe".

Suggestion: Anything to make it easy to add smilies if you have lots to add. So far there is no real system in place to easily upload many smilies. Perhaps something like IPBreezy where you batch upload them via xml or something.

Anything to make it easy as the smiley manager seriously needs some work doing to it to make it easier for people to mass upload them/add them.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The original suggestion is the first post in that thread - posts are always ordered by date.

Edit: In the early days things were very fast moving (as you know), so it wasn't unusual for multiple suggestions to be made within days or even hours of each other.
Unfortunately no real suggestion sorting was done until much later, which is when all the duplicates started to be found.

The original suggestion is the first post in that thread - posts are always ordered by date.

Edit: In the early days things were very fast moving (as you know), so it wasn't unusual for multiple suggestions to be made within days or even hours of each other.
Unfortunately no real suggestion sorting was done until much later, which is when all the duplicates started to be found.

If you click on the the like 8 others link in peggy's post the first like came in November 11th 2010 http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-smilies-import-acp-upload.7706/#post-109843
If you click on the other post the first like came in on (classed as the original ) November 13th 2010 http://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-smilies-import-acp-upload.7706/

No biggie, Peggy's I am quite positive was the original post, it just seems odd that it should be merged with a lower liked thread.

Eitherway, thanks for finding the thread.

Peggy's wasn't the first thread, nor post.
Posts can only ever be merged in date order.

The original post/thread was made November 7.

Pegg's post/thread was made November 11.

The first like has no bearing on when the thread was posted, just when the first like was made.

If you read the third post in that thread it's actually by Peggy.
So she posted on the original suggestion and then in her own thread wrote this:
It's probably been suggested, but I can't find it.
She was correct, it had already been suggested, four days earlier.

Peggy's wasn't the first thread, nor post.
Posts can only ever be merged in date order.

The original post/thread was made November 7.

Pegg's post/thread was made November 11.

If you read the third post in that thread it's actually by Peggy.
So she posted on the original suggestion and then in her own thread wrote this:

She was correct, it had already been suggested, four days earlier.

My brain just kicked out of neutral, Sorry brogan, my mistake. I assumed that because peggy's post got a like before the date the other post (before it was merged) got liked I assumed that came first. #wakeupshelley

Top Bottom