1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batch Password Invalidate and Reset [Paid] 1.0.0

Use the batch user update function to invalidate and reset users password.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Slavik submitted a new resource:

Batch Password Invalidate and Reset - Use the batch user update function to invalidate and reset users password.

Read more about this resource...

motowebmaster, eva2000 and Mirovinger like this.
  2. iamjudd

iamjudd Active Member

Is this compatible with 1.5.2?

eva2000 likes this.
  3. Slavik

4. motowebmaster

motowebmaster Active Member

Couple questions.
    • Does it work with the latest, 1.5.8 ?
    • I want everyone to go through a password change. My preference is that when a user successfully logs in, they will be presented with a requirement to change their password. Is the "invalidate" option the proper choice?
    Thanks,

5. Slavik

Hi,

This works with the latest XenForo.

Invalidate will stop them logging in (it will throw a password error as if you entered the password wrong), rather than wait until they log in and force them to change.

6. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

Is it possible to invalidate passwords for users that didn't login for a long time? Let's say in the last 3 years?

Mouth likes this.
  7. Slavik

It uses the batch user update tool to search and apply the changes, so anything you can search for in that you can use with this.

Fred. likes this.
  8. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

Great! Then I can invalidate all users passwords that didn't login in the last years so those accounts cant be compromised. (password re-usage)
    The only problem that I just think about is that that will probably send out emails to all those old accounts with invalid e-mail addresses.
    So I will get loads of bounced emails and a bad reputation. I have to find a way so it's not sending the e-mails.