1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batch jobs

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Dubbed Navigator, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator Active Member

I have just put a feature on my board in the form of a feed spilling directly into its own forum from the BBC

Its basically a trail to see if it helps drive some more interest

Only problem with it is the obvious - it spills a lot into it which can look overwhelming and push the other threads out of the way

To combat this, I am using batch update threads and deleting threads more than a day old

My question is, can a cron job be created for it and how would I go about doing it?
  2. Dubbed Navigator

3. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

I created a cron job to do it on our site, but it's been generating errors since they rewrote the cron functionality in 1.2.

Your next-best option might be to buy this guy's add-on:

I've been meaning to buy that one, but had to register on his site, then wait for moderator confirmation, etc. By the time all that went through, I'd forgotten about it.
  4. Dubbed Navigator

Thanks for your reply

Ive no experience of writing cron jobs :-( are they fairly straight forward?