XF 2.0 Basic question: How to set a option when post, the user go to the last post in the thread?

deslocotoco

I'm getting some trouble with XenForo on this.

Many of my users are coming from another forums, using most outdated system in the world.

They are requesting a feature to go to the last post when posting or when clicking in a thread in the Threads List.

They really not liking the "show new posts" message.

There is any way to configure this?

Heh users never like change...

You can't configure this. However you can teach them that if they really want to go to the last post, they can click on the date of the last post in the right-hand column.

last_post_link.webp

Now, unlike their previous software, they have 4 choices:

1. Click on the title to go to the first post in the thread if they haven't read the thread
  2. Click on the title to go to the first unread posts if they have previously visited the thread
  3. Click on the date below the title to go to the first post in the thread (whether or not they have visited the thread previously)
  4. Click on the date in the right-hand column to go to the last post in the thread.
More choice is a good thing (once they have been educated on the options) as then everyone can use their preference rather than be forced to use only one option. :)

Cannot agree more with you, but dealing with users requests is some kind of a mess.

Specially on that case. My New Forum (2 months old) is receiving a huge mass of refugees users from another forums. I think I'm in the right way, but, they are asking for maaany features.

Most of then is just QoL (in their opnion) navigation, nothing much important.

I think they will get used with the time.

It's worth posting Have You Seen...? type posts with explanations of new features for users to read about and understand. I do this when there are new XenForo features added.

It's worth posting Have You Seen...? type posts with explanations of new features for users to read about and understand. I do this when there are new XenForo features added.

Good idea. I started a Thread for users watch the new features.

I'm going to implement XenForo Resources Add-On in the next year, but I'm previewing a big load of complains.

Hard to please everybody.

Top Bottom