Basic [Deleted]

The logo thing worked perfectly. Thanks!

I'm trying to implement a few ads in the ad templates. For instance ad_thread_view_below_messages. In this template I only find "<xen:hook name="ad_thread_view_below_messages" />". Where do I put the ad code from Google?

The logo thing worked perfectly. Thanks!

I'm trying to implement a few ads in the ad templates. For instance ad_thread_view_below_messages. In this template I only find "<xen:hook name="ad_thread_view_below_messages" />". Where do I put the ad code from Google?
@Arty, what's the best approach?

You can put it anywhere within that template.

Hook is leftover from old version of XenForo, it is there to make it easier to add ads for add-ons. Now that XenForo support template modifications that hook isn't even needed.

Wrap ad in div with text-align like this
Code:
<div style="text-align: left;"> ad code </div>

You didn't wrap your ad in div. That's the first thing you need to do, then apply style to that div to change ad alignment.

Wrap it in div like this:
Code:
<div class="ad"> ad code </div>
and add this to css
Code:
div.ad { overflow: hidden; }
div.ad > ins { float: left; }

Wrap it in div like this:
Code:
<div class="ad"> ad code </div>
and add this to css
Code:
div.ad { overflow: hidden; }
Now the code is implemented. It makes the ad invisible. I added some of the code to EXTRA.css.

This is weird. Try this
Code:
div.ad:after { content: ' '; display: table; clear: both; }

Its a bug in current version that will be fixed in next update (probably tomorrow or on Friday). To fix it open template xenforo.css, at start find "html" element, find
Code:
  overflow-y: scroll !important;
add before it
Code:
  min-height: 100%;
I still have this big gap at the bottom of the screen. I have installed the update 1.1.5 and run Xenforo 1.4.7.

Are these fixes incorporated in the latest update?

Yes. Problem is, because of some browser inconsistencies 100% height is very tricky. There are 2 different methods of achieving it, one works well when background is assigned to html element, one when background is assigned to body.

Since XenForo uses background for html element, I've applied fix that works well with that. However on your forum you've assigned background to body element.

So to make it work correctly you should assign background to html instead of body.

I guess you've set background color in style properties -> general -> body. Remove that background (click color, click option to clear it), click "html" property above it and set background color value there.

I guess you've set background color in style properties -> general -> body. Remove that background (click color, click option to clear it), click "html" property above it and set background color value there.
I will look into that. This problem really only occurs on the "recent posts" page that I have as a start page. When there is no content in the list I get the big blue area down below.

Top Bottom