[Banxix] Multiple Options For BBCode

[Banxix] Multiple Options For BBCode 1.0.0

No permission to download

Banxix

Banxix submitted a new resource:

[Banxix] Multiple Options For BBCode - Allow BBCode to have multiple options

Xenforo does not support BBCode having multiple options. This is a great feature for me when I was using vBulletin, so I write this addon.

Xenforo gives you two default parameters to create BBCode: {option} and {text}
Code:
<span style="color: {option}">{text}</span>

[color=option]text[/color]

But since there is only one {option}, it limits the variety of BBCode.
You can still do something below. However the above can risk your site, and it does not actually work because BBCode...

Read more about this resource...

Some just asked me today how to use multiple options in bbcodes, and then here you come along. :LOL:

It may be outside of the scope of this add-on, but it has been requested before only allowing specific usergroups to use a BBCode.

It'd be useful for something like this.

It may be outside of the scope of this add-on, but it has been requested before only allowing specific usergroups to use a BBCode.

It'd be useful for something like this.

It is certainly doable however the permission will be applied to all custom bbcode using this addon.
It would be complex and out of the scope if implement per-bbcode permission.

It is certainly doable however the permission will be applied to all custom bbcode using this addon.
It would be complex and out of the scope if implement per-bbcode permission.
Not necessarily a bad thing for me, but can imagine it wouldn't be great for others..

Just to clarify, it would only apply to custom bbcode that make use of multiple options?

@Banxix is it possible to have this add-on use , as the separator instead of |
We have some existing bbcode from a vB migration that used [bbocde=option1,option2,option3] format and are trying to get it working again. Thanks!

Top Bottom