Resource icon

[Banxix] Disable Markdown 1.0.0

No permission to download

Banxix

Banxix submitted a new resource:

Disable Markdown - Disable Markdown parser in post

Many people love markdown, me too. However markdown in Xenforo is really half-baked as it is converted to BBCode.

In my forum there are many contents that have title such as Game title ~part of game title~.
And it turned into Game title part of game title

It is frustrating so I make this addon.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Thanks for this, I hate not being able to use * around words... If I wanted it to be italics / bold, I'd have done it!

Yeah. I also hate the fact that they are converted to BBCode so no way to revert it back to original content.

I will have to try this add-on. I have never liked Markdown. I don't like my text, as entered, ever being altered. I have been unduly frustrated by it elsewhere on the Internet, and I felt that it should have been a switchable option in XF. Many in my forums are older users, some of them not very computer savvy, and Markdown will only frustrate them further. I will not inflict it on my users.

I will have to try this add-on. I have never liked Markdown. I don't like my text, as entered, ever being altered. I have been unduly frustrated by it elsewhere on the Internet, and I felt that it should have been a switchable option in XF. Many in my forums are older users, some of them not very computer savvy, and Markdown will only frustrate them further. I will not inflict it on my users.

Neither do I, never been liking Markdown. I personally feel its syntax very ugly.

Btw, this is a simple addon with just 2 lines of code to disable Markdown parser, so you have nothing to worry at all.

Perfect! :) It should be a switchable option in core, IMHO. But this add-on will work nicely for now. Thanks!

It is not worth an option for just one job, but I will look into it if this addon has more things to do, like allow specific markdown tags to be parsed, but only if people need it.

Reddit's new redesign lets users choose whether they want a rich text editor, or a plain text editor with Markdown. Now that I think about it, offering Markdown inside of a rich text editor seems a little strange.

I will be using this add-on for all of my XF 2.1 installations. But, in the hope that XF makes a change, here is a suggestion I started:

As they say in Chicago...vote early, and vote often. :D (IOW, "like" the suggestion to vote for it.)

I will be using this add-on for all of my XF 2.1 installations. But, in the hope that XF makes a change, here is a suggestion I started:

As they say in Chicago...vote early, and vote often. :D (IOW, "like" the suggestion to vote for it.)

Your suggestions are nice but I think it is down at the bottom of their priority list if they ever considered it. We didn't even have a proper markdown renderer and whilst I'm not into Markdown, I would rather completely disable it.

A switch for each node is doable I guess.

Top Bottom