XF 1.2 Banners & User Titles

LuvMeSumZen

3)Let me show a pic first . . .

Banners.webp

1)I understand the Staff banner can be selected or deselected - which is good except that when deselcted they do not show in the Staff Online area, and I don't want the Staff Member banner but want to be shown in the Staff Online area.

2)In the case of a moderator or in this case the "Global Moderator" banner, as far as I can tell that is forced on me as admin even though I do not want it, because mod perms are not inherent to admin with XF. The reason I say it's forced is because if I want moderator perms and I do, I have to take the title. I do not want to have the banner, only the perms.

3) Same with a user title. Where I have "Member #1" in the pic I actually don't want anything there at all, but it forces me to use either a UG title or a custom title. Is there a way around any of these?

User Banners are associated with banners. You are able to use highest ranking which will remove the stacking. Which banners do you actually want to stay? Just "administrator"?

If you only want you, yourself to have that banner, you can add yourself in your own user group with such a banner and remove it from the admin group (while still having other admins)

What I want is to have admin and mod perms but not have the moderator banner or a user title. But they are forced on anyone in the UG - it's everyone or no one. How would creating a new UG get rid of the moderator banner once I tick the permissions for mod it's going to force that banner on me.

What I want is to have admin and mod perms but not have the moderator banner or a user title. But they are forced on anyone in the UG - it's everyone or no one. How would creating a new UG get rid of the moderator banner once I tick the permissions for mod it's going to force that banner on me.

Granted it's not as versatile as we would like (fact is it's not) but there might be an alternative in the Resource Manager since I know a banner system add-on has been posted which might suit your needs.

Here it is. Wouldn't this be an alternative for you? http://xenforo.com/community/resources/rt-user-rank-ribbons.1188/

Here's the 1.2 version http://xenforo.com/community/resources/rt-user-rank-images.1576/

What I want is to have admin and mod perms but not have the moderator banner or a user title. But they are forced on anyone in the UG - it's everyone or no one.
Not correct.

User group styling, banners and titles are taken from the user group with the highest styling priority.

Assign a higher priority for the Administrative user group.
In the options uncheck Allow Banner Stacking.

Top Bottom