Banner Ads .... Easy to implement?

BLatt

I'm looking at going with this forum software to replace an old one. I make a living from ads on my site, so I'm wondering how easy it is to implement banner ads at the top or in the middle of forums listing, posts, etc.???
Does anyone have a link to a site using this forum software that is running banner ads? I'm sure there are a lot around.
Thanks

I also make my living off my forum.

XF overall does a good job with ad slots and placement options, all built into their ACP > Setup > Advertising. It's easy enough to control which ads slots are shown to which usergroup. Super simple for AdSense placement code.

It does struggle at making DFP/GAM-type ad calls required within the /head codes (or AdSense Auto-Ads), and with setting up pre /html footer-type calls (in-image or affiliate-link)...both of those require additional effort to create and place your own template codes. I'm hoping that is something that will be included in XF2.2

Container breadcrumb (top): Above is one good option, covers 728 and 970 wide on desktop.

Code:
<xf:if is="$forum.node_id == x">
ad1 code
<xf:elseif  is="$forum.node_id == y" />
ad2 code
<xf:elseif  is="$forum.node_id == z" />
ad3 code
<xf:else />
ad4 (generic) code
</xf:if>

Yes, using conditional statements, specific pages/nodes can be targeted.

And wouldn't it be easier to put that as an option in the ad placement itself?

Same as there is in "notices" but allowing more positions. It would be quite useful for coding ignorants like myself.

(Sorry for upping this, I was looking for same solution)

That add-on indeed has a LOT of fuctions but that also means you can quickly change small parameters of your ads.
And it pays istelf back pretty quickly. Look out for discounts, around the holidays most of the time.

Agreed. The add on does EVERYTHING. It markets, lets them manage it, gives them stats, collects the ad fees and presents it for your approval, sets them to a special group so you can put a banner on their posts, and so much more. Worth every penny, IMO.

Top Bottom