XF 2.1 Banned user imported from vB cannot change strikethrough on name

TLBofBL

We have a user who was under a temp ban in our old vB system. We recently imported to XF 1.5, then have upgraded to 2.1 now. Since the migration we have had other members get temp bans, and their name doesn't get a strike through. However, this carry over has a strike through on his name I can't get rid of. I've moved him to other usergroups, both primary and secondary, which would not have a strike through and yet his account name never updates. Usergroup updates, his name doesn't. I've tried overwriting his name with something else, and whatever else I put in comes with a strike through.

How do I get the strike through removed?

Yes - moved him to several other regular user groups and taken him in and out of both the 'temp ban' and 'banned' usergroups. Nothing changes his name.

Oddly, looking further, we have a mix of people in the 'banned' usergroup who have the strike through (most of them, as expected) and a few who don't. I'm looking at those to see why some don't show this.

In xenforo banned users are just banned, no need to be in a specific user group. The banned user group (left over from vbulletin) is obsolete. Just unban them if you want them unbanned and forget or remove the banned user group.

Yes - moved him to several other regular user groups and taken him in and out of both the 'temp ban' and 'banned' usergroups. Nothing changes his name.

Oddly, looking further, we have a mix of people in the 'banned' usergroup who have the strike through (most of them, as expected) and a few who don't. I'm looking at those to see why some don't show this.
Moving them between groups, won't remove the ban. You physically have to unban them.

Thank you, all! I didn't realize the usergroup was obsolete and I would need to manually unban them. That fixed it! Now, to sort thru the mixed accounts my staff have made.

Cheers.

I hope you also realise that after a vbulletin import, all users should be in the registered usergoup as primary, and all other uaergroups should be secondary

Top Bottom