• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Banned member name strike through - viewable by other usergroups?

Ingenious

I notice now that admin can see when reading a post if a member is banned because their user name has a strike through. Like this: Ingenious

In my forum it would be useful if I can give a selected non-mod group this option too so they can see if a member has moved to greener lands. I've had a look at permissions and it's not listed. Have I missed an option somewhere else or is there any easy way to achieve this like a template edit of the avatar/username area? Thanks :)

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's only visible to moderators.

You can create a Banned user group and apply the necessary styling so others can see it.
It wouldn't be permission controllable though.

Amaury

As the line will still be visible to moderators even with user group styling, if you still want to remove it so moderators don't see it, open the username_styles.css template and remove this piece in red:

Code:
/* User name classes */
<xen:if is="{$displayStyles}"><xen:foreach loop="{$displayStyles}" key="{$displayStyleId}" value="{$displayStyle}"><xen:if is="{$displayStyle.username_css}">
.username .style{$displayStyleId}
{
    {xen:raw $displayStyle.username_css}
}
</xen:if></xen:foreach></xen:if>

.username .banned
{
    text-decoration: line-through;
}