• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Ban Users From Viewing The Alert Notifications

borbole

This is my first mod so go easy on me :D

As requested by a an user at the presale forum. Anyway, this mod will allow you to ban an user and/or several users from viewing their Alert Notifications. Whenever they will try to view them they will get the no permission error message.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_alertBan.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->User Alerts and all the way to the bottom you will see 2 new options. One is to enable/disable the mod and the other to enter the id/s of the user/s that you want to prevent from viewing their alert notifications.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• AlertBan.zip
    AlertBan.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 27
  • AcpSettings_1286744879582.webp
    AcpSettings_1286744879582.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
  • alerterror1_1286744796805.webp
    alerterror1_1286744796805.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 62
  • error2_1286744857764.webp
    error2_1286744857764.webp
    17 KB · Views: 63
Quick notice; In the option settings you say

"enter here the ids od"

"od" should be "of"

That was a typo which I fixed, but I forgot to make a new screenshot with the fixed wording. I will do it tomorrow as now I will have to logg off.

Thank you for reporting it :)

Would it not be better to just have no alerts show if they are banned from them? Or are you after the torture factor here, letting them see they have some but can't access them? :p.

Top Bottom