XF 1.3 Ban Reason

Amaury

On vBulletin, when users are permanently or temporarily banned, they are shown the reason and the expiration date. However, on XenForo, it just says they don't have the permissions necessary to view the page.

Ban.webp

Is there any way to show them the reason?

Last edited:
Apologies, I assumed this banned user group was for using instead of the proper ban facility in the ACP. If you are using that then there should be no need to set permissions in a banned user group, you should only use this for styling.

*EDIT* worth testing as Chris suggests just to be sure.

Set everything back to Not Set. Create a test user. Ban the test user. Have a play around and then see if the banned user has access to anything they shouldn't Pretty much it is the case that they can do nothing.

If that's the case, then you don't need to change any permissions (Leave them as default, e.g. Not Set).

And with that configuration, the ban reason you mentioned in the original post should be visible.

That did it! Thank you very much, Chris!

Didn't need to create a test account, though, since I am keeping the one I created in January forever. :D

Apologies, I assumed this banned user group was for using instead of the proper ban facility in the ACP. If you are using that then there should be no need to set permissions in a banned user group, you should only use this for styling.

*EDIT* worth testing as Chris suggests just to be sure.

No worries. Chris' solution worked.

Top Bottom