Ban country by code?

creativeforge

Hi, we're being spam-hit hard by someone from South Africa and I tried to ban by country code. Using ZA. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Do I have the right code?

Thanks!

If really want to ban by country, why not do it before it connects to the server using CF?
Blocking by country - can be done without addons?

If really want to ban by country, why not do it before it connects to the server using CF?
Blocking by country - can be done without addons?

Because I don't want to mess with Cloudflare since this is temporary. I just need to find out WHERE these official country codes can be found. Thanks!

If it is decided to ban that country permanently, then I'll contact our host to block trhe country before it hits the server.

Last edited:
You made me look, and you are correct. It was an addon by AndyB. My apologies.

If anyone knows where we can find country codes, though...

If you use Cloudflare, you can block the traffic before it goes to your server. Blocking at the application-level (with XenForo) doesn't really take strain off your server if it's a true DDoS attack because the application layer is doing the blocking and the full stack is running for each request. Better to block it at the network level than the application level.

If you use Cloudflare, you can block the traffic before it goes to your server. Blocking at the application-level (with XenForo) doesn't really take strain off your server if it's a true DDoS attack because the application layer is doing the blocking and the full stack is running for each request. Better to block it at the network level than the application level.
Thank you, that is what our hosting has done. But it locks out at least one legitimate members, so we are looking at moderation of first posts, etc. Or limit the number of words for new members first few posts? etc.

Top Bottom