Baggage

Kim

I know I am somewhat new to this place, but I think that actually gives me some perspective here...

Respectfully I ask - Let's not have any Baggage from previous sites here :)

XenForo is a unique and very special opportunity to put aside any and all hard feelings, or whatever else and move on, this is a shiny new product, with shiny new people to play with, people who may not come from the place a lot of you did, who are not privy/interested in any baggage that members might bring from previous incarnations elsewhere, and who would love to just get on and talk about this awesome software.

For myself I will be putting aside a lot of things I could bring from the world I currently inhabit, and will be viewing xenforo as a clean slate, and a wonderful opportunity to get excited about forums again :D

It would be wonderful if everyone could also leave the baggage at the door, and just enjoy this place for what it is.. it is NOT any other site, it is NOT any other product's quasi next version... xenforo is and should be seen to be a brilliant new playground.

Let's have some fun!!!

Please also take this in the spirit it is meant, I love this place, and am very much enjoying getting to know a lot of new people here too :)

Peace man!
hippi.gif

I know I am somewhat new to this place, but I think that actually gives me some perspective here...

XenForo is a unique and very special opportunity to put aside any and all hard feelings, or whatever else and move on, this is a shiny new product, with shiny new people to play with, people who may not come from the place a lot of you did, who are not privy/interested in any baggage that members might bring from previous incarnations elsewhere, and who would love to just get on and talk about this awesome software.

For myself I will be putting aside a lot of things I could bring from the world I currently inhabit, and will be viewing xenforo as a clean slate, and a wonderful opportunity to get excited about forums again :D

It would be wonderful if everyone could also leave the baggage at the door, and just enjoy this place for what it is.. it is NOT any other site, it is NOT any other product's quasi next version... xenforo is and should be seen to be a brilliant new playground.

Let's have some fun!!!

Please also take this in the spirit it is meant, I love this place, and am very much enjoying getting to know a lot of new people here too :)

Peace man!
hippi.gif

Does this also apply to wanting to add this, that and the kitchen sink feature :p.

I agree, I'm getting a little tired of seeing all the comparisons and people bringing up history that really has nothing to do with us any longer. Mike and Kier have shown their stance on threads remarking on things, and people still continue to go about posting about it. 

Yes, a fresh start!

I will forgive Onimua for selling my kidneys to pay for his addiction to daffodils.

I can only hope Dragonfly can find it in her heart to forgive me for replacing all of the sugar in her house with salt.

I made the same point weeks ago....several times.

Sadly it would seem others are determined to forever make comparisons and request the same bloated features from other software.

Yes, a fresh start!
I can only hope Dragonfly can find it in her heart to forgive me for replacing all of the sugar in her house with salt.

OH you scallywag :p Fortunately I don't take sugar in my coffee or tea so it's not an issue for me
giggle.gif

Now had you touched my secret stash of Swiss Chocolate... there would be open warfare my friend.. OPEN war...fare
gun_nep.gif

Let's have some fun!!!

Peace man!
hippi.gif

THANK YOU!. I have been thinking of posting a similar plea, but could never have said it as elegantly as you. There is bound to be some baggage being tossed about, but it seems to be increasing. Let's focus on where we are, not where we've been. :)

Or where this is going. I think this piece of software makes me feel like I did when I first found the piece of software of which my forum career as it is started!

That can only be a good thing and I cannot wait for its release!

Top Bottom