XF 2.2 Backup and reinstall user backups on new forum?

Not sure if this is the right forum or not but...
I am needing to reinstall XF from scratch.
How do I keep my members accounts when I install the new forum?
I know it has to do with a database but not sure how to work those in cpanel.
Can somebody point me to a guide or tutorial on this? I tried getting my host to help me but they are just not understanding what I need accomplished.

Thank You!!!

If you are wanting to simply keep the users and no content, isn't it a little more involved than simply importing everything?
I was not sure that the importers can be set to only import users and ignore post content and such.

If you are wanting to simply keep the users and no content, isn't it a little more involved than simply importing everything?
I was not sure that the importers can be set to only import users and ignore post content and such.
Yeah thats what I was thinking after looking over different threads and the guide Brogan left in the thread.
But I wonder if I export the 30 something members that I do have through the export user tab and then import them into the new install if it would work?

You can choose what to import during the process. Later steps generally depend on earlier steps, so you couldn't import posts without importing users, for example.

You don't export them through the interface, you set up a new target installation and connect it to the database of your source installation.

Top Bottom