1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Matthew2D, May 2, 2012.

1. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Hello. How would I add this background to my forum? Though I want it magnified..

Attached Files:

Go to: Style Properties>General>HTML. Under Background you will see "Image." Place the path to your image there.
  3. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

it added the background on the footer...

Ok, I looked at your site. Try doing the same thing, but here: Style Properties>General>Content.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Appearances/Styles/Style Properties/General/HTML
  6. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Already tried...
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

html { background-color: #cdd7df; }
    body {
    	background-image: url('background.png'); 
    	background-position: bottom center; 
    	background-repeat: no-repeat; 
    	-moz-background-size: 100%; -o-background-size: 100%; -webkit-background-size: 100%; background-size: 100%;
  8. Geekstra

Geekstra Member

Created a new forum and I'm trying to do this.

I tried both

Style Properties>General>HTML. Under Background you will see "Image." Place the path to your image there. (/images/XenforoBG.png)

Editing EXTRA.css to:
    and neither worked.

The site is http://enertia.tv/forums/ so you can look and see if I messed up somewhere.
  9. CritiKiL

CritiKiL Active Member

First, you need to have a 'path' on the server to host the image. (ex: http://video.clankillas.net/images/spring.png).
    Next you will want to make the Header-Background area Transparent. To do this:
    Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Header ~ In the 'background' color-box, check 'clear value' at the bottom.

Finally you'll want to do this:
    Appearances/Styles/Style Properties/General/BODY ~ Make SURE that in the 'background' color-box, you have 'clear value' box (below) checked and then just put the path to where the image is, into the 'image' box to the right of the 'background' color-box.

'Jake' gets all the credit for this, Reference: