Background Wrapper Behind Header

System0

I spent all day creating a skin for my blog in the test area of Xenforo and was pleased with the outcome so clicked the buy button. Happy to finally be part of the Xenforo community - I used VB for ten years before that new company messed it up and was helped directly on a number of occasions by Kier so was keen on joining here :)

My blog has a fixed width of around 980 px. I use a header image behind the logo. I added this to my theme correctly using the header class in the style properties area. The header changes from grey at the top to white at the bottom so on my main blog I use a wrapper to repeat a background image so that the top of my page blends from grey to white just like my header (I'm aware that CSS3 allows you to designate two backgrounds).

Unfortunately, I cannot get this to work. For some reason, I can't get the wrapper to work. I've placed the correct code in extras.css and placed the wrapper division before the header ID but nothing shows. I also tried placing it in the page_container template but that doesn't seem to work either. (I initially described this issue in the pre-sale forums here).

Does anyone know how I would achieve this? I can post my HTML and CSS code if that helps :)

Kevin

Top Bottom