Background Separate

Alpha52

Is there a way I can set the background of a style apart from the main body for scrolling purposes?

My reason is as follows:
I want to use an image as my background but I don't want it to be duplicated as you scroll down the forums.
I want the background to just remain stationary as the fixed width portion of the forum scrolls.

Thanks!

Edit:
Nvm xD
Code:
body {
background: url(urimage.png) #000000 center no-repeat fixed;
}

I do have a new question though.

I'm using the Whisper 2 theme and I'm trying to remove the gradient background on the header and make it transparent instead.
Oddly, I can't seem to just use
Code:
header {
background: none;
}

Because the gradient doesn't actually seem to be a background. In fact, no modifications to background do anything. The only way I can change it is by doing something like
Code:
body {
opacity:0.4;
}

But that does it for the ENTIRE header, not just the background. I don't want to remove the logo or navigation bar.

Does anybody have any clue how to set JUST the gradient background to transparent in this theme?

EDIT: Nvm again lol
Figured out it was in the whisper_navigation.css

Okay.
Well, I give up. I can't figure this out, and it's just not worth it.
I appreciate your help, though!
It's not that hard.... the
Code:
background: url(urimage.png)
would be like
Code:
background: url(full/path/to/your/image.png)
Only thing you need to modify in the code is the stuff in the () - the full/path/to/your/image.png (which would be just what it says... the full path and then the image name).

I'm trying it now, I'm just struggling on finding the correct path

(I'm sure it's not hard at all, I've just never used code formats, paths, etc. so I have no idea what I'm doing.)
It's no different than opening a file up in Windows from Word. If you know the location you just browse to it there. Same theory. Is this an image that you downloaded or did it come with a style?
I ALWAYS place my custom images in a directory off the root web server called images. Then I will make subdirectories off that called icons, gradients, nodes (and so on). That way it is always consistent and not dependent upon using style variables.

Top Bottom