1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awstats, found a demo site

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dean, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I am always curious what certain terms mean. I found this site which explains the terms used in awstats.

Just put your mouse over certain terms, and a popup menu shows the definitions. Interesting!

And it also clearly demonstrates I am easily amused. :p
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

I haven't run statistics in ages! I always find out a bug caused it to stop working, or data corruption, or you move servers and forgot about it, etc. Or it's just not adding up to other stats scripts, etc. Or slows down the hosting, etc.

I stopped doing it. And trying to focus on the content of the site rather than the clicks to it.
  3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Good input Floris. All I know is that every hosting account I've had (except possibly godaddy) has had awstats so I left it enabled for fun.

I was specifically curious about the unique visitors per month number, those are indeed unique IP addresses in each month and as far as I can tell - that does not include the bots.

I was a little surprised at that. :)
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

Never hurts to have it enabled, there are enough reasons to have statistics beyond what I used as arguments :)
    It's nice that they actually explain what it means, always handy. indeed.
  5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

I've always preferred awstats over google's tools... its just so uncomplicated.

However, my firewall sends me a message every morning about "suspicious activity" whenever awstats is running.