AWS SES with XF2.1 not working

Renegade

Hello, I am trying to use AWS SES with the forum but I am getting the following error.

Code:
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport
!! Connection could not be established with host mail-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known #0] (code: 0)

I tried the troubleshooting steps on AWS and am able to send email successfully from the SSH console using the following
Code:
openssl s_client -crlf -quiet -starttls smtp -connect email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:587 < input.txt

Any suggestions on what could be going wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.08.50 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.08.50 AM.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 14
Why is it that often when you spend 2 hours trying to troubleshoot something, it just doesn't work out. However after posting a thread asking for help, it clicks immediately. Its not me, its XenForo. :p

PS: I was entering the SMTP address wrong. Instead of starting with 'email', I had pasted 'mail'.

You might be sandboxed. Mail won't go out if you're in sandbox mode. You need to put in a manual request and then ask for an increased mail limit too.

Edit: Nevermind, but leaving the above comment to remind others that step is necessary too.

Top Bottom