AVForums: the vB 3.x forum that looks like XenForo

random

Hi,

AVForums is a forum running vBulletin 3.8.2 but now it looks like XenForo in some parts: http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php?do=switch_to_exp

Why? From the announcement:

Who created it?
I am not a designer, so I employed the guys at Complete vB to create the new look for us. They have create a lot of vBulletin forum designs, came highly recommended and have produced a new look for us which several other design experts have commended.
The implementation of the new design, however, ran into problems as AVForums is such a complex site. To get the new design online, I employed the services of my friend Kier Darby who was the lead developer of vBulletin and is the co-owner of xenForo. To say he is an expert in vBulletin would be a vast understatement. As a result, the new style has been implemented exceptionally well. Kier's design qualifications are also excellent, and he has helped with further tweaks as we approached launch.

Interesting! I wonder how much Kier charges per hour of job. Maybe US$1,000?
biggrin.png

Thank you,
Jonathan

Will there be a mobile version or an iPhone app?
Not at the moment, no. Hopefully in 6 months, we will be changing forum software to xenForo. When that happens, we will look into having a mobile version of the forum and an iPhone app. Until then, there is little point in investing in either of these only for them to be redundant in six months.

will they wait for final?

The owner appears to be friend of Kier so pretty sure that Kier told him something like this: "I believe that we will have XenForo ready for release in the first half of 2011"

So in other words, thanks Stuart for the spoiler :D

The owner appears to be friend of Kier so pretty sure that Kier told him something like this: "I believe that we will have XenForo ready for release in the first half of 2011"

So in other words, thanks Stuart for the spoiler :D

Sorry? Where did you find out that he's a friend?

Gosh what a busy site!

Nice job on the design Mr Darby it looks fab, but will only look better when it is on xenforo :D

Weird, for some reason I thought avsforum.com was about to, or talked about, changing to xenforo. Am I thinking of some other thread or was it avforums all along?

Weird, for some reason I thought avsforum.com was about to, or talked about, changing to xenforo. Am I thinking of some other thread or was it avforums all along?

Will there be a mobile version or an iPhone app?
Not at the moment, no. Hopefully in 6 months, we will be changing forum software to xenForo. When that happens, we will look into having a mobile version of the forum and an iPhone app. Until then, there is little point in investing in either of these only for them to be redundant in six months.

Why did you bother doing this redesign, if you're swapping forum software soon?
  • Because the new design is so urgently needed,
  • It's a design we will carry over to xenForo and
  • Because we wanted to get you used to the look and feel of xenForo by implementing several design elements which originate from it.

Top Bottom