AVChat Video Chat Add-on for xenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

ok so 20 users is 20 users - doesn't matter where they are?

for example, you can't have 3 chat rooms with 20 users each, right?

just 20 users total - no matter what?

would you guys maybe consider increasing that to 25-30 for the small sites?

look forward to seeing either the new designs or a very basic template that permits our xenforo design to wrap around it with the option to remove the side bar to permit more room for the chat.

ok so 20 users is 20 users - doesn't matter where they are? for example, you can't have 3 chat rooms with 20 users each, right?

Yes that is pretty much right.

look forward to seeing either the new designs or a very basic template that permits our xenForo design to wrap around it with the option to remove the side bar to permit more room for the chat.

The side bar containing the users list can be removed to make more space for the text chat.
Currently the AVChat design is flexible in terms of size, colors, background image, fonts, mares, etc. So it can be changed to integrate with your existing xenForo theme.

I'm going to try this out. I've dropped almost $200 on this trial..but the discount code did not work...

The dated look mentioned doesn't bother me just want a quality integration.

Interesting. I don't like the look of the chat, seems very old. I suggest to do a restyle of it.

I agree that it looks outdated.
are you planning to update the looks and specially the editor?

We decided not to purchase (currently using Flashcoms) because the style just looked dated.

Regarding the style, much is hard coded into the application. You can't change that blue color of the buttons, for example. Or the way the slider pops out when clicking on a username. I wish you would take a more bare bones approach to style and then let us add a style layer on top.

I just wanted to let you know that we've just released AVChat 3.5 with a major redesign and support for themes. We've adopted a more cleaner, simpler modern look.

group-chat-100.webp

AVChat 3.5 set up for live streaming:

live_events_chat.webp

We're also shipping AVChat with 2 themes light and dark (you can also create your own):avchat-themes-light-and-dark.webp

You can read more about the update here:
https://nusofthq.com/blog/avchat-3-5-now-available-with-major-redesign-and-themes/

And you can check out the standalone demo at:
http://avchat.net/demos/

The XENFORO10 discount code is still active. Use it during checkout to get 10% off AVChat licenses and the xenForo Add-on.

Thanks for alerting me by Conversation. The demo still looks outdated and chaotic to me. While you have improved the look by adding some modern elements, its still an outdated interface. Why not use Redactor editor?
Times New Roman font also makes it look old. It uses images instead of font awesome. It mixes some flat elements with non-flat elements. If you want it to look modern then make it all flat.
If you hover an editor icon you get a nice tooltip, but if you hover other icons it doesn't and the meaning of icons is often unclear until you click it.

How does this chat integrate into the xenforo system? How does it fit into the xenforo browsing experience?
It seems to be a completely separated experience as users need to go to a dedicated page where the chat loads into an iframe. I see no chat box within xenforo nor a footer bar. Does the chat work within xenforo pages?

Do you have a xenforo demo?

Hello and thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately it is not possible to use the Redactor editor.
We do not use Times New Roman font. Can you tell us what OS and browser you are using so we can investigate?
I have asked the developers to investigate what icons are missing a tooltip and add one if necessary in the next build (3.5.2).

The chat will be located in a chat page on your XenForo forum (just like the IP.Chat module from IP.Board). When in the chat people can join rooms or create their own, start their webcam or view other webcams, start private discussions, etc. Here's an older picture showing AVChat 3.0 (old design) in a xenForo forum.

xenforo and avchat .webp

This is different than for example Facebook Chat where you have your small chat boxes and list of users on every page.

You can email contact@avchat.net for a 15 days trial. Tech support will help you set it up.

I am seeing Times New Roman on the latest version of FireFox. 33.1 Maybe your fonts are not working in FF33.1
If you cant use redactor then consider another editor or improving the look of your editor.

Does avchat offer integration with XenForo conversations? i.e. private chat messages are also visible in xenforo conversations. If not, then are you planning this? I know its coming for other chat software.
Can members invite online members to chat? How does that work?

Having a chat page is really nice, but 90% of XenForo users will want to browse the forum while they chat.
Often the member will send a private chat message to another online member. Members will not go to the chat page to see who is online or to send a private chat message.
This is why we need a solution that can be placed on every page.

>I am seeing Times New Roman on the latest version of FireFox. 33.1 Maybe your fonts are not working in FF33.1
I tested with Firefox 33 on 2 computers. What OS are you using? Windows? Linux?

>Does avchat offer integration with XenForo conversations? i.e. private chat messages are also visible in xenforo conversations.
At the moment private discussions in Avchat are private to AVChat. If there is a lot of interest for such a feature we will implement it in future builds.

>Can members invite online members to chat?
You can invite members in the chat to view your webcams or to join the rooms that you've created.

>Having a chat page is really nice, but 90% of XenForo users will want to browse the forum while they chat.
The chat can be opened in a pop up window. There is an option in the xenForo backend after you install the add-on:
Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 16.38.41.webp

>Often the member will send a private chat message to another online member.
AVChat does not replace the PM/Conversation options that you have by default with xenForo, but it enables yur members to have a live real 2 way video chat + text chat session with another forum member.

I tested with Firefox 33 on 2 computers. What OS are you using? Windows? Linux?
win7 32bit

You can invite members in the chat to view your webcams or to join the rooms that you've created.
So you can only invite members who are on the chat page. But not the 99% of all members who are on other pages.
Do you see why that is a problem?

The chat can be opened
Unfortunately not many people will do this if they need to remember to go to the chat page, click the popup function and then have 2 windows open. That doesnt work on small screens like tablets.
People browse the forums. We need a chat that they can use while using the forums.

Would someone visiting the forum on an iPad be able to make this work? It seems the product requires Flash to be installed and many of our forum members have uninstalled or abandonned Flash on their computers.

Top Bottom