XF 1.2 Avatars not showing

erich37

I have a brand new install of Xenforo version 1.2
Have never used this website.

Now I have upgraded this website towards XF-version 1.2.1

When I upload an Avatar, then it does not display any image.

I am not sure if I have done anything wrong during the upgrade from 1.2 towards 1.2.1 or if there is anything wrong since the initial install of version 1.2

When I did the upgrade, the "File Health Check" stated that everything is fine.

What could this issue be ?
Is it maybe this CHMOD stuff or could it be anything else ?

Many thanks for help!

:)

What could this issue be ?
Is it maybe this CHMOD stuff or could it be anything else ?
Any other instances of xenForo running on the same server? If so, are they working?
And yes, first thing to check is permissions on the /data and /internal_data and all underlying directories.
mod_security running on the server?

yeah, I have a few other XF-instances running on the same server.
These other installs are all working fine.....
OK... that probably eliminates the mod_security aspect (but just to be sure, check the .htaccess under those others and see if the mod_security section is commented out or not). Next bet would be permissions.

could it be that I have made anything wrong when upgrading from XF 1.2 towards XF 1.2.1 ?
Although I followed all instructions and the upgrade worked properly, although it took 1 hour to upload all upgrade-files.....

could it be that I have made anything wrong when upgrading from XF 1.2 towards XF 1.2.1 ?
Although I followed all instructions and the upgrade worked properly, although it took 1 hour to upload all upgrade-files.....
If file health checks OK then most likely no...
Was it working under 1.2?

The one thing I can think of... did you install the initial 1.2 from an upgrade package (which would not have had the /internal_data and /data directories present). The full install creates those directories - the upgrade does not so that it does not trash your existing stuff.
Do you access your server via a panel or ssh? If you want, you can start a conversation with me and I'll see what I can figure out.

The one thing I can think of... did you install the initial 1.2 from an upgrade package (which would not have had the /internal_data and /data directories present). The full install creates those directories - the upgrade does not so that it does not trash your existing stuff.

how to check / verify this ?

I have never used this website with XF 1.2 , so I do not know if it was working properly before I upgraded to XF 1.2.1

how to check / verify this ?

I have never used this website with XF 1.2 , so I do not know if it was working properly before I upgraded to XF 1.2.1
Check in your root forum setup for that vhost and verify that /data and /internal_data exist. Either through SSH logon or via your panels file manager.

yeah, the folders "data" and "internal data" do exist.

I will check with my webmaster to figure what is wrong here.....

Thanks a lot for your help!

:)

Last edited:
yeah, the folders "data" and "internal data" do exist.
Check their permissions. Should be 777 and all subdirectories under them the same. Also, did you check the vhost definition (I'm assuming you are using Apache) on the working vhosts to see if they have mod_security commented out?

Top Bottom