Automatically subscribe to threads by tags

vbresults

By request, I recently created a vB modification for a client that allows users to automatically subscribe to threads by its tags. It greatly enhances the user experience in my opinion and encourages posters to enter tags since it means they will most likely get a faster reply. Incidentally, it cuts down searching which helps the overall performance of the board. Overall, this is a nifty feature. :)

Upvote 1
Making this into something that can be enabled/disabled would be quite trivial.

I understand you do not like the idea of "bloating" the software, but I believe can be an essential feature, much like regular thread subscriptions.

Making this into something that can be enabled/disabled would be quite trivial.

I understand you do not like the idea of "bloating" the software, but I believe can be an essential feature, much like regular thread subscriptions.

Actually, its more because I don't like being subscribed to things (I only watch certain threads, and rarely).

I can see how it would have its uses, but I think it would fall into one of those site-specific requirements.

Actually, its more because I don't like being subscribed to things (I only watch certain threads, and rarely).

I can see how it would have its uses, but I think it would fall into one of those site-specific requirements.

Agreed. I rarely subscribe to threads myself. And how many queries does this add?

Agreed. I rarely subscribe to threads myself. And how many queries does this add?
I am going to assume you do not currently subscribe to threads because of the e-mails and/or laziness. :p
Unlike regular subscriptions, this does not require action from you except setting the initial tags and notification type (pm/email-instant/email-daily/email-weekly). A good example is the mod I recently posted.

Edit: A variable number queries are added. This is proportional to the number of tags for the new thread being posted.

Top Bottom