Automatic Content Featuring With Criteria

KensonPlays

This is related to the latest HYS, I looked through the thread and it seems multiple people want this. If this is planned, feel free to comment, or close this thread.

It would certainly be very nice to be able to define criteria (maybe per-node) to automatically Feature and Unfeature a thread or similar with the greatly expanded functionality. Some sample uses:
  • Site Announcements - When an admin posts an announcement, automatically feature it for a week (or however long you choose), then unfeature it.
  • Per board - If a topic becomes a "hot topic" based on whatever you define (X posts total, X posts in Y time), it could become Featured, either forever, or for a limited time.
    • You could have a hot thread, for example, of 10 posts within an hour or two, it could feature it for a day, a week, or forever.
Just imagine the possibilities of automation with Criteria combined with automatic featuring.

Edit: Please hit the Up arrow on the right to let people know of your interest. Not "like"!

Edit 2: Also check out @Alpha1's similar thread:

Last edited:
Upvote 39
Yes, criteria such as views, recent views, replies, recent replies, reaction scores, author user group, author reaction points, word count, etc would be very useful to only get quality content featured.

We don't want a 5 word thread from a newbie, without replies and loads of negative reactions to be automatically featured.

Automatic featuring should not cause a lot of work or stress for moderators.

Last edited:
I like the idea of restricting featured content creation to specific usergroups or thread prefixes. I'm testing that now with search forums and it works really well. In essence, our own features need to be an article, need to have one of a handful of specific prefixes, and be posted by someone who is in our moderator or contributor secondary usergroups.

Top Bottom