XF 2.2 Automated message for closed suggestions.

Nicolas FR

Hello,

I thought when using the selected prefix in the ACP to close a suggestion a message would appear below the suggestion, just like implemented suggestions.
But that doesn't seem to be the case ... Am I wrong?

Yet in the thread_view_type_suggestion template it looks like it should be.
HTML:
<xf:contentcheck>
    <xf:if is="$suggestionInfo.implemented">
        {{ phrase('suggestion_implemented_votes_not_accepted') }}
    <xf:elseif is="$suggestionInfo.closed" />
        {{ phrase('suggestion_closed_votes_not_accepted') }}
    <xf:elseif is="$thread.type_data.allow_voting === 'paused'" />
        {{ phrase('voting_on_this_suggestion_has_been_paused') }}
    </xf:if>
</xf:contentcheck>

I can't see here too any suggestions not implemented but closed (lack of interest, duplicate...) with the information message under the suggestion.
Am i missing something in settings ?

Thanks.

Suggestion threads are manually moved and prefixed by staff for the most part on this site.

We do also have a custom add-on installed which automatically moves threads and applies a [Lack of interest] prefix based on certain criteria.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok for the procedure, as i do on my forum, but when you add the prefix IMPLEMENTED, for example, there is an automatic message displayed under the suggestion. This, is sets in ACP for each suggestions forums.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-02 224908.webp

I thought it's the same when you add a CLOSED prefix for example to a suggestion as the code i posted in my first message lets think.

It works in my testing - both for implemented and closed.

The only issue I can see is the message is not applied for threads with the closed prefix - that could be due to the changes I have made on my localhost installation.
I will need to check.

Top Bottom