1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Auto Logout Option?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tihasz, Jan 31, 2015.

1. tihasz

tihasz Member

does XenForo do a autologout for users? Is there a option where i can set this setting, so that I set that the user doesn't get logged out after a while?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You can increase the online status timeout, but if users check the "Remember me?" box when logging in, they won't be logged out.
  3. tihasz

tihasz Member

The thing is, I am using XenForo with Amember membership software, and the login works through amember. There is no "remember me" checkbox there and I already set that the user should be logged in forever in amember. Basically, they don't "log in" in xenforo, they just push a button called Log In which would redirect themt o amember login screen, but because amember is set to login forever, the forum just refreshes and they are logged in (without seeing the login screen of amember). this means, i need to set somewhere also manually that users stay logged in forever in XenForo! Hope this make sense, sounds complicated, but it isn't
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is an option to force the removal of the timeout feature. You can adjust it (within certain limits), but not remove it. If there is a bridge with amember, then it would probably need to be addressed to the author of that add-on/bridge as not a lot of people are doing this (and it's not built in to boot).