Audios in Posts?

Someone had recommended this too, http://libsyn.com/, but it's expensive also. I create one to two 1.5 hour sessions per week, each is about 75 MB, so 150 MB per week. The alternative is to just create a static video out of it (static picture background) and upload it to Youtube. I tried that and it makes the sizes twice as large, which is fine, except that then whoever has the link can access the audio (even if it's unlisted). This is the piece I'm trying to figure out (how to protect the file) and make it available in my XF forum for upgraded/paid members.

Looking around, I would go HipCast silver. It's $10 a month but you get 1 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth, and an unlimited # of podcasts you can store.

Unknown how to link them to your site, but I'd be willing to bet we could jimmy up a BBCode for it once you find out.

Someone had recommended this too, http://libsyn.com/, but it's expensive also. I create one to two 1.5 hour sessions per week, each is about 75 MB, so 150 MB per week. The alternative is to just create a static video out of it (static picture background) and upload it to Youtube. I tried that and it makes the sizes twice as large, which is fine, except that then whoever has the link can access the audio (even if it's unlisted). This is the piece I'm trying to figure out (how to protect the file) and make it available in my XF forum for upgraded/paid members.

The problem with Libsyn is that you would need 300 MB each month (75 per podcast x 4 weeks) and that is $20 a month and does not include media transcoding. Which means they don't bother making it a format that you can use.

Oh wait. 150 MB a week? That's 600 MB a month. Libsyn would be $40 a month but at least they'd have transcoding.

Andy has written an add-on that will do EXACTLY what core freedom wants, for no added costs for anything.
Simply upload yr MP3 as an attachment & his Addon detects it is an MP3 & gives u a player, in yr post.
I'm trying to get it working now.

I've been using Andy's add-on and it's been great. The audio does have to be hosted somewhere though. As long as there is an .mp3 extension, his add-on works brilliantly.

Top Bottom