Audentio vs Pixelexit

What company did you buy your theme from?

• Total voters

Welder

Hello Everyone,

Have you ever in the past or do you currently, use a site theme from either Audentio vs Pixelexit? If you did or have, can you please share your experience using these themes in the following areas?
  • Usability of the theme as an end user, coder and administrator.
  • The level of service and support that you received from both or either company that produces these themes.
  • Anything else that would be helpful for first time buyers in choosing between these two companies.

Thank you in advance :)

I went with Audentio UI.X and members really like it. It has some options that other themes don't have, and it was easy to customize. The theme works nicely on mobile. I was expecting a lot of criticism about changing the look of the site when we switched from VB, but the response was very positive.

The downside is that there are a lot of updates, and maintaining it is more work than I was anticipating. I've come to accept that any update will probably break our custom styling somewhere, but this won't be an issue if you don't customize it a lot. Also, there is no documentation for some of the advanced features.

We went with Pixelexit.. Bought a theme and then had a fully customised made one for us, to order.
Their customer service is excellent and I cannot fault @Russ at all for his dedication, support and help when you need it.
A busy chap, but him and his team are thorough, friendly, supportive and professional.

The styles are easy to use, easy to customise and think of things you may not necessarily have thought of.
All in all, Pixelexit come highly recommended from us. :)

I like UI.X a lot. My members were very happy with UI.X as a default theme. I also have some pixel exit themes. You can't go wrong with either!

Thing here is, they generally seem to have a completely different style of design. I'd prefer Audentio on some forums and PE on others for my styles. It's not a simple case of A vs B with these two.

Audentio did get a bit more annoying after that UI.X add-on though. But other than that both great companies. My communications with Mike from AD and Russ from PE have been fantastic. Both are extremely polite and helpful individuals.

I went with Audentio UI.X and members really like it. It has some options that other themes don't have, and it was easy to customize. The theme works nicely on mobile. I was expecting a lot of criticism about changing the look of the site when we switched from VB, but the response was very positive.

The downside is that there are a lot of updates, and maintaining it is more work than I was anticipating. I've come to accept that any update will probably break our custom styling somewhere, but this won't be an issue if you don't customize it a lot. Also, there is no documentation for some of the advanced features.
Agreed, for a while there we had a few big board forums (100k members+) having us build in features for older devices, so we kept having to make a lot of tweaks for scalability. UI.X is super optimized for boards of all size, and it took a lot of subtle changes to get stable. We've been in gold for maybe 6 months or so, and will continue in that route. We did learn our lesson on how we need the framework structured for 2.0. We're there now, but it took a lot of updates to get it exactly how we wanted.

Audentio styles look more modern and fit my needs better, and the off canvas menu for the account menu is a huge win, as is the quick search.
Currently have 2 PixelExit styles and 5 Audentio styles.

Used both and both create great styles.

My vote is for PixelExit as their styles IMO are better looking - and i got tired of the UIX look very quickly. You cant go wrong with either but highly recommend PixelExit. Top notch stylers.

I have purchased several styles from both. Had this been two years ago, I would had said Audentio, but as of late they have started to wear too many hats between their own add-ons, buying out leaving developers etc which as a result the style side has suffered with both buggy updates and delayed fixes and updates. PE on the other hand has really stepped up their game over the last year and my choice now for any new styles is PE hands down.

I would had said Audentio, but as of late they have started to wear too many hats between their own add-ons, buying out leaving developers etc which as a result the style side has suffered with both buggy updates and delayed fixes and updates.
Very true. Their addons are half baked, buggy and lack support. The main reasons why i ditched using Audentio/Themehouse altogether. That said they are good stylers as well and have some good styles out there. If the look is the main consideration you can go with either. I found support a lot better with PixelExit. If its an overall view of each company including all their products, support, customer service skills, IMO its very onesided.

Quantity does not mean quality.

I originally used an Audentio theme, but switched to PixelExit.

Both were excellent quality and great for end users.

The Audentio theme was probably a bit more feature rich, but also more technically complex (due to the need for an add-on as well as the theme itself).

I switched because the Audentio theme (at that time) was slow to be updated, and was falling behind Xenforo releases. To be fair, I believe the pace of Audentio updates and fixes has improved more recently.

The support from PixelExit has been outstanding, and I've been happy with the switch. In my specific case, I've found version updates a bit easier to handle with the PixelExit theme.

There was minimal reaction from users when I switched over, and there were no real problems.

I think themes from either supplier would currently be a good option, but I'm personally happy to stick with PixelExit, largely due to the quality of support.

PixelExit makes great paid and free styles. But as long as Russ and Steve continue their very close association with one particular forum, I can't bring myself to purchase another style from them.

Audentio makes some really nice styles too, I just wish they were updated sooner when needed.

Top Bottom