XF 1.1 Attachments stuck at 0%

ChemicalKicks

Upgraded to 1.1 b4 and now attachments don't work, well partially anyway. My users and I all find that trying to upload from a PC/laptop doesn't work. Uploading from mobile does work though so it couldn't be a permissions issue it must be something else.

Any ideas?

Upgraded to 1.1 b4 and now attachments don't work, well partially anyway. My users and I all find that trying to upload from a PC/laptop doesn't work. Uploading from mobile does work though so it couldn't be a permissions issue it must be something else.

Any ideas?

I've had a similar problem once or twice. Except it'll reach 100% and remain stuck at the 100% marker without displaying the contents which i just tried to upload.

It's not really a big issue but something i noticed that happened twice on my test board.

Right, it's definitely something to do with the config.

When I remove this code the uploads work.

Code:
$config['externalDataPath'] = 'data';
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'http://static.xxx.org/data';
$config['javaScriptUrl'] = 'http://static.xxx/js';

I get this at work, so presumed it was a proxy thing, using FF8
I have the same configuration at home and its fine, so is my work version using IE8

Right, it's definitely something to do with the config.

When I remove this code the uploads work.

Code:
$config['externalDataPath'] = 'data';
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'http://static.xxx.org/data';
$config['javaScriptUrl'] = 'http://static.xxx/js';

Data is written to the externalDataPath. Make sure the data directory is fully writable, including all subdirectories. Most FTP programs can recursively set permissions. Or if you have shell access to the server then run these shell commands from the forum directory:

Code:
chmod -R 777 ./data/
chmod -R 777 ./internal_data/

Also check the log for errors:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Also try removing javaScriptUrl so it uses local javascript. And run a file check to ensure the files are correct (which also checks local javascript):

Admin CP -> Tools -> File Health Check

Data is written to the externalDataPath. Make sure the data directory is fully writable, including all subdirectories. Most FTP programs can recursively set permissions. Or if you have shell access to the server then run these shell commands from the forum directory:

Code:
chmod -R 777 ./data/
chmod -R 777 ./internal_data/

Also check the log for errors:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

Also try removing javaScriptUrl so it uses local javascript. And run a file check to ensure the files are correct (which also checks local javascript):

Admin CP -> Tools -> File Health Check
Hey Jake,

Thanks for your reply, have you got static content working with 1.1 ?

I contacted support and basically asked if there was a known issue with the paths above in the Beta, Mike replied. He said that there is a known issue and he recommended disabling the static host.

Offloading the external data and javascript works fine. But there may be a problem with your external javascript which is why I suggest switching back to local javascript for troubleshooting purposes.

Then there must be a problem with your external javascript. You should upload the original js from the zip file to be sure the files are correct and up-to-date.

Then there must be a problem with your external javascript. You should upload the original js from the zip file to be sure the files are correct and up-to-date.
On mobile so can't even nab the download package at the moment but I did tye file health check, everything is present that should be but will attempt this when I get home anyway.

In that case the file check does check your javascript. If the file check passes then we know the js files themselves are OK. There must be some other problem relating to the javaScriptUrl.

Try loading the javascript directly using the locations in the page source. Make sure it's loading correctly.

Top Bottom