XF 2.2 Attachment Import

Thanks. Yes I've read the guide but need to do it again. For today I'm setting up a test site where I can get more familiar with the db, and other things. I ran the demo a couple times and the permissions at first were different than I'm use to but I see the ease and power.

In the test import from vb5 i used 24 threads and everything was beeing imported very fast. like 3 hours. BUT the attachments take ages! nah centurys. I guess the --processes=x is not working for attchments? I deleted 75% of my forums including attachments to thest the import (i deleted the picture heavy ones) - and only the process for the images took more then 11 hours.
Its there any spacial command for having more attchments beeing imported? I got 6,8gb/s write speed and 64 cores + 256gb ram on that machine - and the hardware was on idel when doing attchments ;/

I did use the CLI importer. 2,268,417 attachments took 11 hours. But if I want to convert my life system, it will be more then 4,3 millon.
The point was: why isnt this handled parallel like the rest of the migration?

I can see 11 hours for that many attachments for sure. I'm not sure what a life system is or the rest of your comment. I tried to go from vb4.25 to mybb and it took 5 days only to end with most attachments not importing.

Life System is the system i finally plan to migrate. As I wrote I deleted alot of posts including pictures to check if and how the import is working at all.
Now I got the problem, that my downtime would be way over a day if i can`t speed up the attachment import.

I feel your pain but migration does take time. In my case I tested it then closed my business and did it. I'm not sure if there is any other option. With 2 million attachments it's going to take time. The rest should be pretty quick.

For anyone who is interested: The solution is NOT to go for 1 core - and it`s not going for all cores.
It IS kinda parallel but if you got too many processes, the db will wait and lock.
I tested on some 24 core/threads server and the sweet spot is:
php7.4 cmd.php xf:import --processes=7

So for 24 cores the sweet spot is 7 for attachments.

Top Bottom