atdhe.net - domain seized by Homeland Security & DOJ

Digital Doctor

The sports streaming website ATDHE.net has had its domain seized by ICE Homeland Security Investigations.
A spokesperson from ICE confirmed that it was a legitimate seizure and that there is an ongoing investigation into the matter.
According to a description on Mahalo, ATDHE "specializes particularly in live sports, but also features general programming from networks such as ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. The website, although popular, has come under fire as to any copyright restrictions it may be violating in operating the service."
More here.

atdhe.net.seized.by.DOJ.Homeland.security.webp

The video streaming site has resurfaced at: http://atdhe.me/

It's great for watching sports at work :)

The video streaming site has resurfaced at: http://atdhe.me/

Code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at atdhe.me Port 80

atdhe.me is down now.

Wow ... no trial or chance to state your case or anything, they just seize it and slap the "seized" graphic on there? I don't like that, I think there are too many ways that kind of power could be abused.

Wow ... no trial or chance to state your case or anything, they just seize it and slap the "seized" graphic on there? I don't like that, I think there are too many ways that kind of power could be abused.
But the government has that power. It happens to businesses, too. In fact, on new years day, a club that my family frequents is now closed because the law enforcement pressured the issue to the point where the local government said "okay, that's it, send a notice of closure."

I don't know what happened that night, but I was told that the club has seen its craziest day there.

If your site catches the eye of the federal-level government, as this case has - you can bet that they can and will close it. Theoretically, YOU can close a website on your own, provided that YOU own the property - such as trademark, copyright, patent, etc. All that's required is contacting the domain registrar, or hosting company. If they don't do it, you can go to court with that domain registrar, or hosting company, or straight up sue the person behind the site.

There was a screen printer in Gainesville, FL who was printing 'The Gators' logo on t-shirts illegally, well the short story is, he was being arrested for printing shirts without proper licensing from the University of Florida and the NCAA, they took all his inventory, his silk screens, all his artwork, his screen printing machines and hauled him off to jail, everything he owned was confiscated as it was all considered criminal tools by the lawman.

Copyright law has always been one of the FBI's jobs to clean up, violating trademarks and copyrighted material has always been a Federal crime in the USA.

Homeland Security is fast becoming the largest employer in the government. They are building new facilities throughout. What they have to do though with this issue is beyond me.

I don't know what happened but after I went to ATDHE.net, Chrome was rendered unusable. Each time I clicked on Chrome icon, I'd get command line window.

You know what, they could also NOT stream unauthorized content to people and commercially exploit it.

That said, Homeland Security should gtfo. Illegal seizing of domains, so pathetically childish.

Top Bottom