Article integration

Robby

When you post a link on facebook, it retrieves automaticly the information from that article. Is their something similar possible with xenforo?
So that you just post a link and it posts the article...

When you post a link on facebook, it retrieves automaticly the information from that article. Is their something similar possible with xenforo?
So that you just post a link and it posts the article...
Not that i have seen. Guess the closest thing we have to that is the use of bbcodes to get more information.

Although id love for users to be able to just post a link of a news website, and the system to parse the page, get the body text put it into quotes bbcode, and then have an attribution link at the bottom.

That would be amazing but what are the copyright issues with doing that?

I don't know how twitter/Facebook get around it or whether they're just too big to be bothered by the rules.

This is close to what you want I believe, it does the snapshot preview
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/auto-link-titles-with-snapshot-preview.3098/
No that is just a snapshot preview.
Not that i have seen. Guess the closest thing we have to that is the use of bbcodes to get more information.

Although id love for users to be able to just post a link of a news website, and the system to parse the page, get the body text put it into quotes bbcode, and then have an attribution link at the bottom.
That's what i want. But it would also be amazing when it works with just bb codes for all famous news sites.

No that is just a snapshot preview.

That's what i want. But it would also be amazing when it works with just bb codes for all famous news sites.
You also have RSS feeds from the control panel if you want to automate retrieving data from an external site and posting it

Top Bottom